Super sonic grill remake

edekalil

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/3/2018 at 2:01 PM, carterb said:

I've  seen lots of sedans converted to coupe taillights.  I think they look better on a coupe.  But that's one of the things that makes 510's so much fun, everyone gets to build  them how they see fit.  (for better or worse)

--carter

Doesn't everything look better on a coupe though? 

• Like 1

I have this grill. Aside from being a re-pop you can't tell the difference between the original and new one. My buddy came over with his original grill and he was speechless. Love20bee provided all the pictures of the tooling on how these grills were produced. Just think modern day tooling being used to recreate this classic grill. Here's a photo of mine. I haven't fully installed it , as I don't have all the hardware for it. Gotta dig through my junk for them.

I tried sharing a photo didn't work. Sorry  you can see it on IG @datspimpin 

Edited by solo

So, according to Love20Bee, the Coupe Lights will be made to fit on a 510 without the need to cut the openings up like the originals. 

All the lighting will be LED and thus the back of the housings are not necessary. A flush fit. 

Thus, you can go back to stock style lights if you wish without the large cutouts 

More as it develops

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Jesse C. said:

So, according to Love20Bee, the Coupe Lights will be made to fit on a 510 without the need to cut the openings up like the originals. 

All the lighting will be LED and thus the back of the housings are not necessary. A flush fit. 

Thus, you can go back to stock style lights if you wish without the large cutouts 

More as it develops

That sounds great I really didn't want to cut up my car. Thanks for the info.

• 4 months later...

Update: From what I have heard, the Tail Lights are not going to happen. 

He wants to keep his focus on wheels and thus all parts dupes are either cancelled or on hold. So, no Blue Bird Coupe Tail Lights, no Dash Pads and no tail light finishers. 

5 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

He wants to keep his focus on wheels and thus all parts dupes are either cancelled or on hold. So, no Blue Bird Coupe Tail Lights, no Dash Pads and no tail light finishers. 

👎👎👎👎👎👎

7 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

Well that sucks but I still love the grill.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:25 AM, Jesse C. said:

Wow.  What a business plan.  Seems like there's a lot of people that do wheels already..

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

Wow.  What a business plan.  Seems like there's a lot of people that do wheels already..

The main reason he stop doing parts for the 510 came down to all the shit people gave him on FB. People where giving him a hard time saying that he shouldn't re-pop any rare hard to get parts. That he's taking away from there lame as fun in finding them. The hunt so to speak. LOL Tail light garnish might still be produced, he recently told me. Just not now as he's moved into a bigger where house to accommodate his growing business. Im all for the reproduction of parts for our cars if they are done right. He definitely was doing it right . Sucks he let the lames get to him.

• Like 1

I believe in capitalism, so have at we reproduced parts. Just none for me. I’ll stick to original. In reality though, how many would you really move ?  The community is small so it it worth tooling to make repop stuff.  Seems to me that door panels and wagon parts like rubbers and panels would be great. But if Matt wants to do it then go for it. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mrbigtanker said:

I believe in capitalism, so have at we reproduced parts. Just none for me. I’ll stick to original. In reality though, how many would you really move ?  The community is small so it it worth tooling to make repop stuff.  Seems to me that door panels and wagon parts like rubbers and panels would be great. But if Matt wants to do it then go for it. 

He's not from what he says. Maybe the center garnish buts its not 100% for sure thing. He wants to have a good relation ship with the 510 community. So no new parts in the near future. The tooling that the made for the grills was really nice and done right. Oh well happy Saturday folks !! Drink them if you have them. 

• Like 2

Well the quality on the grill is great and reasonably priced. I would love too bee one who could get the repo tail lights as well. I just do not have the deep pockets to afford the original parts, but if I could I would. So to each his own all is good but I'm still wanting for those repo tail light assembly for my 2 door all apart project.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, solo said:

He's not from what he says. Maybe the center garnish buts its not 100% for sure thing. He wants to have a good relation ship with the 510 community. So no new parts in the near future. The tooling that the made for the grills was really nice and done right. Oh well happy Saturday folks !! Drink them if you have them. 

I know Matt well. I don’t live far from his shop. He made the wheels on my truck.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

I know Matt well. I don’t live far from his shop. He made the wheels on my truck.

Cool man he made the wheels on my 2 door 👍

• Like 2

The problem is.. facebook. Some of the dumbest shit you've ever seen in your life, happens daily on facebook. I could give two shit less what he reproduces. He was making high quality parts. Not oem, but next best thing. 

I'll be back, need to go complain about making and refurbishing wheels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree the hard to get rare parts shouldn't be re-popped. Focus on stuff like dash pads, windows and stuff we can't readily buy anymore. Let the unobtainable stuff stay that way. If not you just dilute the value of everything and it's just another gimmicky fanboi club which the 510 world is quickly turning into to, much like the 240sx did.

I have no need for a sonic grille or coupe tails and if I did I would seek out original pieces. I do however love my center garnish and would be sad to see cheap repops showing up on cars. If you want one go save your money and hunt one down. That's my opinion. 

Edited by Josh K.
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Josh K. said:

I agree the hard to get rare parts shouldn't be re-popped. Focus on stuff like dash pads, windows and stuff we can't readily buy anymore. Let the unobtainable stuff stay that way. If not you just dilute the value of everything and it's just another gimmicky fanboi club which the 510 world is quickly turning to, much like the 240sx did.

I have no need for a sonic grille or coupe tails and if I did I would seek out original pieces. I do however love my center garnish and would be sad to see cheap repops showing up on cars. If you want one go save your money and hunt one down. That's my opinion. 

I agree. 

• Like 1

Well I'll have to save my money to seek out a glass shop after I got to the building. 3 broken big windows, there go's a chunk of change.

IMG-20190505-115408.jpg

IMG-20190505-114800.jpg

I respect you guy's opinion on original vs remakes but the grill is nice and affordable. I believe the original will all ways be more valuable than a remake of it. Just like a real 54 Fender strat vs a counterfeit or even a Fender remake of one in the Fender custom shop. They may look and feel good but they will never be the real thing nor will there value be the same.

Edited by edekalil
16 hours ago, Draker said:

Did anyone shit on coreace when he repopped the grille? No.... 

When it gets legit close to factory there is an issue? A factory part will always be worth more.  

I did clearly state I believe in capitalism. Go for it. I clearly stated I will stick to original. I know Matt personnel at love20bee. It is his business and can do what he wishes. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, edekalil said:

Well I'll have to save my money to seek out a glass shop after I got to the building. 3 broken big windows, there go's a chunk of change.

I respect you guy's opinion on original vs remakes but the grill is nice and affordable. I believe the original will all ways be more valuable than a remake of it. Just like a real 54 Fender strat vs a counterfeit or even a Fender remake of one in the Fender custom shop. They may look and feel good but they will never be the real thing nor will there value be the same.

Dang.. vandalism?

7 hours ago, Draker said:

Dang.. vandalism?

Yeah probably some juvenile delinquent. The good thing is I'm off this week and they only put a hole in the glass and did not come in and do anything real bad. I will get the cost today when the glass man gets there. The good news is this came yesterday.

IMG-20190506-191223.jpg

I should have it all assembled today.

• Like 2