Cab Swap

redhead

Easy fix for the fuel line is cut it where the leak is and slide a rubber hose and a couple hose clamps on it.  Just remeber to change that section of hose every year or two.

That's what I'd be afraid of, that they remember to replace the piece of hose.

Proper repairs are always more cost effective than band-aids.

• Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Modern fuels kill rubber hose, so if you do plan on using the rubber hose as a long term replacement for the steel fuel line, get the right hose.

Nothing sucks more than burning your project to the ground because of a fuel leak.

I use fuel line rubber when it comes to fuel. I worked in the fuel industry for few years and know what it can do to hoses that are not fuel rated.

The last thing we want to see a big touch in the field this summer. :frantics:

• Like 1

With the cab off you could use a compresion coupler on the line to repair it and not use a hose at all.  The compression coupler would work well if done properly.

DFDA32_C8-_F80_C-47_C7-_A910-32183_C45_E

Cab_Swap_Tank_Red_Noted.jpg

Cab_Swap_Tank_Yellow_Noted.jpg

I see what the problem is with the KIng cab tank, the shorter frame brings the rear tank mount forward pushing the king cab tank under the cab.  I do not know if there is room to move the tank back because it might hit the rear axle tube.

With the cab of you could use a compresion coupler on the line to repair it and not use a hose at all.  The compression coupler would work weel if done properly.

DFDA32_C8-_F80_C-47_C7-_A910-32183_C45_E

Cab_Swap_Tank_Red_Noted.jpg

Cab_Swap_Tank_Yellow_Noted.jpg

I see what the problem is with the KIng cab tank, the shorter frame brings the rear tank mount forward pushing the king cab tank under the cab.  I do not know if there is room to move the tank back because it might hit the rear axle tube.

I thought long and hard about moving that back bracket for the tank. The biggest problem you run into is that tank will be right over the rear axle. I’m happy with where the tanks sites ground clearance. Tank bottom is level with the bottom of the frame which is nice. There little room between cab and tank just not much. The cab is seating on 3” body lift too.

• Like 1

If it fits don't fix it!  LOL

Now for the flat bed!  I can' wat to see this completed.

Please install the other rims and tires before continuing so we can get the full effect.

With a mini tubing cutter you might be able to cut the fuel line and install the compression adapter.  This might be doable because of the 3" body lift.  Check to see if the leaking line is metric, I believe these lines are.  So you would need a metric compression coupler for the line.

• Like 1

Totally keeping the rims from the other truck but dropping tire size down to 33" or 31" tire sizes. The 35" tires just to much for the stock front end and they rub. I love the look of the 35" just don't want to deal with them any more. 

I will look into it getting one of those compression coupler for the fuel line.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Been a busy summer working other things but I found a flatbed that will work for the truck and just needs little work and should be easy fit to the truck. The flatbed for 1 gen toyota which similar in size and pick the bed up for 150 bucks.

IMG-1071.jpg

IMG-1072.jpg

IMG-1073.jpg

IMG-1075.jpg

IMG-1077.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/W1PZ6C73/IMG-1076.jpg

Edited by redhead
  • Like 5
  • 2 months later...
Just now, ClumsyBird said:

You did a really quality job on that man, congrats. Did you end up lifting it?

Thanks clumsybird! The cab is lifted 3”  I re weld on two new from mounts that were the original bed mounts to the frame. Since those mounts were taller I didn’t need to block the front of the bed just the rear by 3”. 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...