521 Green Acres

greenacres

I wanted to make a quick introduction. I recently shipped my uncle's '71 521 up from SoCal to Washington.  I always thought it was a great truck and when the opportunity came up I jumped at a chance to keep it in the family.  It has always been his garage kept, weekend work truck so I hadn't seen it in 15+ years.  It has aged a little more than what I remembered but I'm excited to have it. Pictures are from this past fall when it first arrived in Seattle. I have been cleaning it up and working on some small projects.  Ratsun has been a fantastic resource guiding me through some of my projects. 

IMG_1044s.jpg

IMG_1045s.jpg

IMG_5123s.jpg

IMG_5125.jpg

IMG_5126s.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That truck looks great! Welcome.

It’s crazy how many of these green trucks are coming out. I can think of 8 that I know are drivers in the NW now.

Mine will be back to being driver again in the next couple weeks

qZ4pNkE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Like 4

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for sharing your trucks. 

These ares some more recent pics.  I've lowered the stance a bit and changed out the rims.  When I brought it up from California it had original rims on the front and 15" rims on the back.  The offset wasn't correct and it was rubbing against the frame.

DSC_4526.jpg

DSC_4530s.jpg

DSC_4541s.jpg
  • Like 5

Nice. Welcome to the dragon club!

Thanks for sharing.  Quick question with your ride height in front.  How much travel do you have before you reach your bump stops in front?

I lowered what I thought was 1 spline and was happy with the results.  But I was under the truck the other day and noticed that I'm riding on my bump stops (without any travel).  

• Like 1

I’m indexed one spline in the front and I’m fine, but I installed lower profile urethane bump stops from Energy Suspension.

I also have KYB gas-a-justs, which are pretty stiff, so it gives me a little bit more springrate when I hit bumps.

• Like 1

That's same as My truck. Green

I run the stock wheels and hubcaps with small wihite wall

I think I have the same seat cover but I see the springs now cause its worn out.

be good time to get spare front end parts like Kingpin set and maybe even the fulcrums pins if you plane on keeping this long.

grease the KIngpins and steering. Im on my 2nd set of Kingpins and have another spare ready to go.  I daily drive mine everyday since 2000

I took the rubber bump stops out that give some more travel. 12 or 14mm nut is all it is

• Like 1

Thanks for looking out Hobo 

Green acres,,  going to be a nice mellow get together this Saturday,,,,  and i resemble Arnold Ziffel so i got that going for me. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Quick update on Green Acres.  I was able to locate some bumperettes and brackets with the help from member 420n620.  It was a quick swap with my current bumper.  I'm going to miss the Spam Musubi bumper sticker on the old one but I like the look of the bumperettes.  A before and after shot.

DSC04878a.jpg

DSC04880.jpg
  • Like 6