Draker

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Good call on the angle iron. Should be a lot stiffer than a piece of steel plate. 👍

Thanks for the tip on the mounts. 

If I were to make the mount again, I'd put the angled lip towards the rear of the car. I had to clearance the angled part a bit to make room for the speedo cable. If I had done it the other way around I would have just make it a u shape, or notched it.

Trans cross member painted and installed. Time to grab some GL4 and get this thing lubed up. I sprayed the 940 paint in the engine bay. Two things, the engine bay has been repainted and second 940 doesn't match the engine bay or anywhere else on the car. lol.

I'm going to live with it in the engine bay since it's just a very small patch.. but I''ll manually color match 004 for the future paint needs.

6 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

How much is that from Nissan? 

I normally use something like this, due to low cost and ease of use. 👍

$10 plus shipping from across the world. But I bought in bulk so shipping wasn't too bad. They sell on ebay for much much more.

• Like 1

Had to scrounge up a clutch hard line. Luckily I knew of one in a wrecking yard. Went there today and bought it and some other bits.

i know I can make it, but that was plan b. I don’t have flare tools.

got the master and slaved plumbed up and started bleeding it. Still need to bleed it again. 

8860B92F-15AE-41AE-8719-DAFFEF4D33F6.jpg
6BC8F84F-D95E-419F-8B1C-0658F67DC989.jpg

Getting pretty close a test drive. I just need to replace the pinion seal in the diff, should be here Friday. Ordered it from bprojects in Japan.

replace the output seal on the trans, put oil in the trans, install some shift boots, modify the center console, pick a shift knob and install it. Oh, and buy some shifter bushings.

6 hours ago, Draker said:

Had to scrounge up a clutch hard line. Luckily I knew of one in a wrecking yard. Went there today and bought it and some other bits.

i know I can make it, but that was plan b. I don’t have flare tools.

For future reference, these are readily available new from any chain parts store and are fairly inexpensive.  👍

3 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

For future reference, these are readily available new from any chain parts store and are fairly inexpensive.  👍

Yeah probably true. My hunch was they would have SAE only. At least locally..

I also picked up a bunch of other random 1200 parts so that made the trip to the yard even better. 😀

1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

With most modern American cars using metric fittings now, they are quite common and easy to get.  👍

If you have a Pep Boys there, I know for sure they carry them. 

We don’t have one locally but if metric sizes are common then I’m sure on of the others around here have it. Good to know for next time!

On 7/27/2020 at 1:35 AM, Draker said:

nothing on the inner belt seals. They fit really tight in the channel. I had to use silicone spray to install. 

I normally use weather strip adhesive for the window channel felt, I didnt this time. If they start coming out I’ll glue them in. I didn’t glue them because they might need to come out again. But they fit pretty snug.. so we’ll see.

This is odd, my doors are smooth where the inner belt seals go...on both 1200's

The 510 has it...just finished doing those.

Edited by KELMO
  • Like 1

Got the diff pinion seal replaced today and installed the output shaft seal on the transmission. I rebled the clutch again and checked it for leaks. So far looking good. 

need to get a shift fork boot for the 60a and fill the transmission with fluid. I’ll probably change the diff oil too. It was looking a little dirty.

Part # 30542-H1600 suggested list $8.33, still available from your local Nissan dealer. Also, this shows to be the same 4 SPD and 5 SPD

If they tell you it is not available, let me know.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KELMO said:

Part # 30542-H1600 suggested list $8.33, still available from your local Nissan dealer. Also, this shows to be the same 4 SPD and 5 SPD

thank you. I’ll call them today.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:21 AM, KELMO said:

This is odd, my doors are smooth where the inner belt seals go...on both 1200's

Because they are both coupes.   😁

Coupe and sedan doors are different, and the door panels are different. On a coupe, the inner squeegee is attached to the door panel, not the door. 

7 hours ago, KELMO said:

ordered from the dealer and will be here tomorrow, along with some shifter bushings. Thanks again.

$10 for the boot, $7 for each bushing.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Because they are both coupes.   😁

Coupe and sedan doors are different, and the door panels are different. On a coupe, the inner squeegee is attached to the door panel, not the door. 

Fiddlesticks! My door panels don't go all the way up.

#cuzmasonite

#cuzredneckmade

6 hours ago, Draker said:

ordered from the dealer and will be here tomorrow, along with some shifter bushings. Thanks again.

$10 for the boot, $7 for each bushing.

If you ever need part #'s and if they are still available, just let me know.

Access to catalog and Nissan.

• Like 1

got some GL4 today, filled the transmission. Went to install the driveline the rest of the way and... it's too long. I test fit it before and it was all good.. so I'm going to drain the transmission, make sure the rear seal is fully seated, and if needed I'll remove a bit of the dust shield on the drive shaft. that should get me there and still have some room for some slip.. I hope. Also it's possible the new rear seal I installed is thicker than the old one. I installed the B310 version which has the metal dust shield.

Anyone know if a 56A version will fit?