Stalls out on throttle

rodriguezeddy

so just got back my refurbished Nikki and threw it on the truck last week.

its idling good but when i give it gas it stalls out.

here is a link to a video showing what is happening:

some backstory on this.  been working on my carb a few months trying to clean it out without removing.

it was idling real rough and could not get it to run without choke.  opened up bowl, cleaned out gunky black residue as best i could and blew out idle screw with compressed air, it was all pretty gunked up (shout out to Ted for all his help/advice).

eventually i gave up and sent it in to get refurbished.  now its back and it idles real good without choke and sounds great.  but as soon as i give it gas it stalls. looks like its starving for gas once the throttle is opened up.   

i verified by firing starter fluid down the barrel while opening up throttle and rpm's went up. 

wondering what could be going on.  assuming carb is in good working order any ideas on what could be causing this? 

feel like main jet or circuit could still be gummed up...

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the carb off, disassemble, soak in good carb cleaner, blow out all passages with compressed air in reverse of the actual flow of the fuel if possible.  reassamble, install carb on truck flush fuel tank, lines and pump.  Install new rubber fuel line and filter and try this again.  You cannot half ass a carb and fuel system that is that filthy!

opened up carburetor bowl and removed primary jet screw to clean out real good with compressed air.  

also sprayed some down the idle screw hole.  as i was putting everything back together i noticed the fuel filter:

20180327_114532.jpg 20180327_114602.jpg 20180327_115138.jpg

my tank is new and was cleaned out and re-coated and i remember thinking back then "i think my lines should be ok i'm not going to worry about it"

lol well there you go!

• Like 2

Replace that. It should catch anything bad. But I had a filter fall apart inside the container. You could shake it around. All the shit went right into the carb. Spend $5 on a good one and change every two years even if it looks ok and you won't be posting on Ratsun about it.

• Like 1