vdubbles24

Converting to rear disc

Spiff,

If you mount the calipers towards the front, the stock cables will reach. I’m working on a new bracket at the caliper to line the cable up better. You’ll need a clamp on Clevis on the cable to attach to the lever arm.

Thanks! Will try that first!

• Like 1

Will g35 rear disc brskes fit on 1974 620 with custom bracket has anybody done it before?

• Like 1

Will g35 rear disc brskes fit on 1974 620 with custom bracket has anybody done it before?

Probably not. G/Z have e-brake shoes inside the rotor hub area. No way to retain the e-brake and make it work.

Could a bracket be made to mount a caliper and use the normal disc function? Sure. But why? That mousetrap has already been invented.

• Like 1

What disc brakes u recommend? Working on my 620 project ls1 swap

• Like 1

I got my Isuzu rear discs to work with the 620 Ebrake handle. Its in my thread.

I bought the Isuzu cables for the calipers and cut and joined them to the 620 cable from the ebrake handle after it splits into a Y. I used cable clamps from Home Depot (I/8" IIRC) to join the cables. I had to bend the Isuzu ebrake levers a little bit to clear, but it works fine.

• Like 2

On my 620, I'm using the Wilwood parking brake caliper on adapters that I made. I'm running Isuzu discs and stock 620 parking brake cables with a new end fitting. 

Unfortunately, most of the adapters on the market don't work on slammed trucks - and especially not with frame notches. My caliper is forward and down (about 7:30 when looking at the left-hand side. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 10:16 AM, 2wheel-lee said:

On my 620, I'm using the Wilwood parking brake caliper on adapters that I made. I'm running Isuzu discs and stock 620 parking brake cables with a new end fitting. 

Unfortunately, most of the adapters on the market don't work on slammed trucks - and especially not with frame notches. My caliper is forward and down (about 7:30 when looking at the left-hand side. 

Yes Lee, it is tight. I’ve had to do the same thing on the last two installs i did. 

Btw, i have come up with a solution for connecting the stock cable. I’ll be doing a review of the info soon. I’m in the process of moving into a new house atm. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hosestop@msn.com said:

NOT SILVERMINE crap.

Exactly 

• Like 1