How much do drive your vintage Datsun???

mikec4193

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

68 510 2 door bought in 2011 drove to canby and back every year except 1 when it was broken 1200 mile round trip 

driven it to williams az multi state datsun classic 3 years 1450 plus round trip 

driven to la and sandiego a few times vegas once and on many local fun runs 100 to 300 miles 

72 1200 coupe driven alot of local trips  canby car show twice and multiple fun runs 

68 roadster 1600cc driven alot of local drives solvang car show 3 times but only 60 mile round trip from hotel I dont have a top for it yet so we trailer it to where we stay and drive to the show 

i guess my datsuns for the most part are weekend fun cars and not daily drivers 

• Like 2

Everyday! My 84' 720 is my daily, she's awesome, puts up with mt shit, and that's enough for me haha.

Mt. Shit???...I am from the north east...never heard of it before...where is it located???

MikeC

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I didn't see any Datsuns in NY, which explains why it took so long for inspections when I took mine in. They were usually a bit confused. While in Syracuse, I used either the Datsun 720 or my bicycle to get to work and back. If there was snow, I used the bicycle. I drove the Datsun to Syracuse from Tucson. Last year, we moved from Syracuse to Ocean Springs, MS, and I drove the Datsun again. Work is 50 miles one way, and I drive the Datsun only a day or two per week to work now. Otherwise, I ride a Burgman 400.

• Like 1

I daily drive my 620, I put just over 18,000 in about a year.

That is awesome....when I had mine back in the 1980's I dont think I drove it that much...I never felt like it was capable of any really long trips...it was my go to college and get my family going little truck...

MikeC

• Like 2

My 86 720 King cab is my dailey driver.  I drive it when I am healthy enough.  Last 5 years I have only put 6.000 miles on it do to having surgeries done.  But I keep it maintained mechanically.  I am not good at keeping it washed and the interior cleaned but the engine bay is cleaned regular!  LOL

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I daily drive my 85 720, 55 miles round trip. Was going to fix it up but now that I use it as a daily driver I'll probably just leave it as is and get something else to fix up. Haven't decided if I want to fix up a car or truck. If I go with a car then I am leaning towards a B310 coupe, if a truck then probably a 620. Both are very hard to find on east coast in decent condition.

• Like 1