75 datsun 620 turn signals issues

For some reason my turn aignals stoped working. My hazards only flash in the front and brake light wont work either. This has stumped me for better part of a month. I checked the fuses and i have power going into the turn signal switch but nothing going to the connection were the under dash harness connects to the front harness. I checked all the wires and cleaned all connections but nothing has worked. Any ideas?? I fixed everything else them lights only thing keeping it off the road.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 620 uses the same bulb for both brake and turn signal. When the turn signal is used.... the turn signal disconnects the brake light on that side and connects the flasher unit to make it flash.

Pull the steering wheel off and you will see what I mean about the disconnecting of the brake signal. I had one side stop working and it was one of the solder joints. Perhaps the lever inside has broken.

The original turn signal switch was giving me issues but i can see what you mean on that one. I did order a new turn signal switch but the connecter is alot diferant and has one less wire on it and none of the wire colors match. I did clean every connection on the wire harness from front to back. All i know at this point is i have signal coming from the hazard switch into the turn signal switch but does go to the harness to the tale lights nuat the front onea

There were 3 different 620 turn signal switches.

'73-'74 has 6 wires in a plug and 2 separate for 8 altogether

'75-'77 has 6 wires in a plug and a single wire for 7 altogether

'78-'79 was a 10 wire connector

Take the wheel off and you will likely see something not right mechanically. Remember the turn switch has to disconnect the brake light on that side in order to connect the turn flasher, so brakes and turns are all interconnected at the switch.

• Thanks 1