Datsun lingo ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I have read any of his posts.....is he on here much??

Just wondering out loud again....

So your saying buy putting n a new volt reg your light stays on longers before it shuts off?

How about LOAD test thi . Raise the revs till the light goes out. then put you heater and lights on and if the light comes back ON you got a weak alternator.

Buy a cig lighter volt meter so youll know necxt time if its gpiing to go out before the IGN light comes ON

Importdirect is a good brand of jap made parts. where you get this?

You have a L16 alt and it uses the smaller bolts thru the ears. A later model truck might use the bigger bolts thru the ears of the alternator. Im not positive on this as I never owned a later model truck. I know the Cars used a 50amp and had the bigger holes.(L18/20)

Rockauto has new 35ampers(china) for 65$ for the 510/521 which I think was same as first year 620 with L16.

jumper wires

its blk wht wire short to the red wht wire

white short to the yellow

Just make 2 blade connector wires and insert in the engine side of the harness. where the volt ref was plugged in.

if the 45 yr old alt just need brushes why not get a new one. Tearing it down isn't worth it in my opinion. I did it once and said, Fuck it. faster to put a 6 month rebuild in there

• Like 1

Brushes for the alternator are cheap and easily replaced.  My 51 year RL411 has the original alternator, but I have 2 sets of replacement brushes on hand.  Standard Motor Products INC part number JX-99.  BTW, the sets I bought [from Rock Auto] were made in the USA.  A whole lot less expensive and a lot more reliable than a who the hell knows where and with what salvaged parts the "rebuilt" item was "re---manufactured".  I think a lot of "Re-manufactured" parts get a dip in the degreaser and are then shipped out.

I have replaced the brushes on my starter, but the alternator keeps soldiering on!

My mind is questing all the time and rarely comes home. So I make the best of it without it. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and there it is but I have no idea when it got in. I don't ask because that's just too clingy and the last thing I want to do is drive it away by being all needy and shit.

• Like 1

A pedant is one with a questing mind, E.G. the student a real teacher prays for.

A pedant is a person who focuses on fine details of rules or is excessively focused on displaying academic knowledge.

It was the proper choice of word when it was used.

• Like 1

Now, Hainz. That takes an awful lot to hold back from. Lol.

Hainz is extremely linear... a one way street. Just sez it and that's it. Has no rear view mirror.

I think Hainz is like the Candyman. I swear I haven't seen a post from him in 2 years. You guys mention him, and now I've seen 20 posts from him in the last two days...   :rofl:

• Like 1