Better Carb options

Russmanlive

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the Weber 32/36 although while I think it a bit large for 1.4 liters, it will work. Do research and make sure you get a GENUINE Weber and not a Chinese knock off. Expect to pay about $300, but you should get everything, air filter and adapter, nuts bolts etc.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

What kind of differences would you expect to see doing this Weber carb swap?

I guess the Weber 32/36 although while I think it a bit large for 1.4 liters, it will work. Do research and make sure you get a GENUINE Weber and not a Chinese knock off. Expect to pay about $300, but you should get everything, air filter and adapter, nuts bolts etc.

It won't be as docile as the stock carb and you will have to 'drive it'. The secondary is progressive and mechanically added in as you step down on the gas so you will need to step into it not too quickly and only as needed. The stock carb is vacuum operated and only comes in as needed. A few days driving and you'll get a feel for what works best. You may loose some low speed drive ability but gain some performance when revved up. I would guess the stock carb is a bit small for the A series engine.

I doubt you will get as good mileage no matter how slow you drive it.

There are no provisions for connecting to your emissions system so this carb will never pass a smog test or a visual. So if you need to pass a test keep the original and don't disable and throw away all the parts so you can put it back in working order.

• Like 2

I would agree with DM on the Weber. Have been running one on an A12 motor for several years. MPG is not the greatest but......that could very well be linked to the way I drive it.

#cuz1200sRslow

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a Weber 32/36 on my A14.

Big upgrade over the stock carb, it definitely wakes the car up power wise as the stock carb has undersized jets for mileage.

Gas mileage goes down, with a 5 speed I get mid 30s instead of mid 40s on the HWY.

Absolutely make sure you buy one setup for a B210 or get it tuned.

• Like 1