620 SR20 Motor Mounts

]2eDeYe

People want s14 s15 NA s Bleach lately smooth power .

You must bolt sr and trans as one to install , recently tried a removable tunnel , to remove seat and pull trans tail shaft into cabin for a clutch job later maybe  , I think better than pulling motor and trans  and split on ground to do a clutch job ! Not new idea ,Nissan had removable tunnel /floor on early trucks ,(60-64) and Mercedes did this also.

• Like 1
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 10:55 AM, nustad620 said:

So with these mounts do you need to relocate the frame mounts?  Or do these compensate for the misalignment with offset?  I'd like to see more about that crossmember. Is it in production yet?

Which misalignment are you referring to?  The front to back offset of the trans mounting points?

On 2/14/2019 at 10:55 AM, nustad620 said:

So with these mounts do you need to relocate the frame mounts?  Or do these compensate for the misalignment with offset?  I'd like to see more about that crossmember. Is it in production yet?

I think it's clear this is for swapping SR and KA engine into the 620.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:49 AM, ]2eDeYe said:

Finally have a production run done. SR20DE to 620 Motor Mounts. Other than these mounts and relocating the alternator, this swap is the same as the 240SX KA24 swap. 

IMG_5078.JPG

The slotted trans cross member probably allows either the longer 240sx or the shorter D21 5 speed is my guess.

• Like 2
On 2/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, nustad620 said:

No, bolt in.

It essentially allows you to run the longer KA or SR trans

I have sold a few crossmember already, will have a run through powder coat soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 9:56 PM, AtomChurch said:

Which misalignment are you referring to?  The front to back offset of the trans mounting points?

I don't know much about swapping a ka or sr into a 620,  I just started the research. But a few builds I've read the engine cross member had to be moved forward to get the new mounts to line up.  So what I was asking is are the mounts just bolt in and drop the engine in. 

• 1 month later...

On 3/1/2019 at 4:56 PM, nustad620 said:

I don't know much about swapping a ka or sr into a 620,  I just started the research. But a few builds I've read the engine cross member had to be moved forward to get the new mounts to line up.  So what I was asking is are the mounts just bolt in and drop the engine in. 

Sorry I missed this, not getting notifications. grrr 

Well the order is more like drop the engine in place, install all of the mounts and make sure all of the bolts are started before final tightening and then dropping the engine/trans the rest of the way...

but yes, bolt in. 

12 minutes ago, SlowAndRusty said:

Did you end up making a bracket for the alternator? I’ll be doing the SR swap in my 620 around this time next year, and I definitely will be purchasing your brackets and crossmember if they’re still available. 

I am am about to build the first couple to test. 

Will do a production run if they work out. :)

3dmodel.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 1:10 PM, Eric said:

So how did the alternator bracket work out? Interested in a set of motor mounts and trans mount but it would be nice if i can get an alternator bracket in one go.

I have the alternator bracket design finalized. Will be picking up the plates from the laser cutter this week. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 12:49 PM, ]2eDeYe said:

Finally have a production run done. SR20DE to 620 Motor Mounts. Other than these mounts and relocating the alternator, this swap is the same as the 240SX KA24 swap. 

IMG_5078.JPG

PM sent about mounts.

• 3 years later...