620 SR20 Motor Mounts

]2eDeYe

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1977 620 motor mounts. The SR mounts don't match the frame side. 

The alternator sits really low on the SR, it is a known issue with the swap in most every car. Most guys swap to a smaller alternator. I am hoping to get my hands on a stock bracket soon so I can work up a way to use the stock alternator. 

Still trying to find the pics I was sent.  :blush:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures so that others can see how these mounts place the SR20det. Im very happy with the fitment. I had a mini stroke getting it in there but I have that issue with every engine I put in/take out.

kcBYVGN.jpg

oq3xuHd.jpg

gRtMuNl.jpg

Also, visual proof that the aluminum engine is alot lighter. Ill need to lower the front end again lol.

bAlNINH.jpg

The only clearance issues ive run into so far is the wastegate and the alternator. A slight shift in the wastegate mount should clear it easy. I am going to try a few things to try to get the stock alt to work, but if not I will go the Justy route.

Thanks Redeye for a great product!

MantisX

• Like 2

Thank you for the pics. Looks great  :wub:

Any tips for others doing the swap? 

FYI, I am still working up an alternator relocation bracket, but it will still probably be a bit before I have a final part. 

• Like 3

Thank you for the pics. Looks great  :wub:

Any tips for others doing the swap? 

FYI, I am still working up an alternator relocation bracket, but it will still probably be a bit before I have a final part. 

The passenger side mount gave me the most grief lining up. So I removed the driver side rubber mount to get better position on the passenger side. Once I got the passenger mount to fall in, I lifted the engine just enough to get the driver side rubber bolted up and sat it down. I havent gotten around to putting the trans on yet as im waiting for a clutch. I may end up having to drop the engine to get the trans on, but my eyeball measurement says the trans should go on without having to move the engine.

MantisX

• Like 1

You're going to have a tough time getting the trans over the clutch. You will want to move the motor forward while you get the transmission into position, then bolt up the motor and trans. After that install all three mounts loosely with everything close before settling the motor and trans onto the frame. 

• Like 1

I can't remember the reason other than the obvious, but why can't you install the engine with the trans attached? Does it just not angle down enough? I'm finally getting closer to doing my swap....just waiting until I get my garage a little more cleaned up to where I have room to work. 

• Like 1

You can but it is a balancing act of the truck high enough and the tilt angle kicked enough. 

Next truck I build gets the upper core support cut and a removable section made. :lol:

OK, that's what I thought. I just did a similar exercise with a Samurai, and I also reached the peak of my picker. 

I have an extra '75+ core support I was thinking of cutting and using as a cap for the section I remove from the truck's core, if I decide to go that route.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an insight on core support cutting to make removeable.  Cut the core support as wide as you can the first time.  A narrow opening is all most as good as no opening.

Good call.

Are thes mounts designed for the 240SX KA or SR?  Or will they work with a truck KA as well?

The truck and 240sx KA's have the same block pattern. 

The SR20 is a different animal all together, not sure if was ever used in a truck. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 9:49 AM, ]2eDeYe said:

Finally have a production run done. SR20DE to 620 Motor Mounts. Other than these mounts and relocating the alternator, this swap is the same as the 240SX KA24 swap. 

IMG_5078.JPG

These are exactly what I’ve been looking for. Nice work! How much for the set?

thanks 

brandon