69 521 j13 Fuel pump

poolguru

I was wondering if someone knows if this is the fuel pump I need for my 521 with a j13.If this is not the one I need,are there any options other then this to replace a j13 motor mechanical fuel pump.Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-510-521-Engine-Fuel-Pump-NEW_W0QQitemZ370107915602QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item370107915602&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ad says '70-'72 521, which means L16. I've got the same engine as you, and the PO had swapped it out with an electric fuel pump. Unless you're planning on keeping it super stock, I would just do the same. I don't remember what brand/model/cfm, but I can take a look if you'd like. I think you'd only need a low pressure one though... maybe 6 PSI or something?

• Like 1

Thanks guys!I knew why I love this place.I thought I would ask since it may be a long shot seeing the ad said 70-72.I dont care if I replace it with an electric fuel pump as long as I have the right pump for the app.If I could bother you to get me some specs,I would be eternally greatful.Thanks guys!

• Like 1
Sick.Your the man Clayton.Will do tomorrow.I guess I could make a plug plate.Any suggestions.

I was told that a small block Chevy works for a L series...Might be worth a shot

Clayton

• Like 1
makes sense,the gaskets for the fuel pumps for both the l series and j13 are the same if I am not mistaken.I will check it out.After I am done installing it,I will bring the truck by your house.Thanks man!

bring the gasket with you and have Bryan compare the gasket to the chevy block off plate

• Like 1