Anyone know who made this dump bed hoist?

wayno

It's too bad that cleaning the bores up didn't solve anything.  Having to start from scratch is going to be costly and time consuming; none of the SA cylinders on Surplus Center had the Tee ends, so you'd have to go to a more expensive double acting, change to bed and frame attach points to be compatible with clevis ends, or cut off your existing Tees from the bad cylinders and weld them to the new ones.  They would probably have to be fixtured, as the Tee tolerance is less forgiving than the clevis ends.

If you do have to redo everything, I'd definitely have the fitting at the bottom so you won't have those big loops of hose hanging down, ready to catch anything in the woods.  It would also be a good time to put in some grease fittings, there should be ten of them on that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to the guy I got all this stuff from yesterday, it turns out that these cylinders originally had O-rings as seals, but he had them modified for seals that were 3/8ths of an inch wide, them seals are the only reason my actions/fix worked, if it had O-rings the one cylinder would leak and I would need a new one.

My dimensions are around a 2 inch bore, 12 inch stroke, 1 inch eyes on each end for the 1 inch pins that hold them in.

It's too bad that cleaning the bores up didn't solve anything.  Having to start from scratch is going to be costly and time consuming; none of the SA cylinders on Surplus Center had the Tee ends, so you'd have to go to a more expensive double acting, change to bed and frame attach points to be compatible with clevis ends, or cut off your existing Tees from the bad cylinders and weld them to the new ones.  They would probably have to be fixtured, as the Tee tolerance is less forgiving than the clevis ends.

If you do have to redo everything, I'd definitely have the fitting at the bottom so you won't have those big loops of hose hanging down, ready to catch anything in the woods.  It would also be a good time to put in some grease fittings, there should be ten of them on that.

It doesn't leak anymore and functions properly, I am hoping it lasts.

Every joint has a grease fitting and I did grease them, they are just not easy to get a photo of as they are not easy to get to to grease either.

I thought about turning the lower ones around, but it looked like they would get sheared off in the lowered position, so all the fittings are towards the rear when bed is lifted and pointed up or semi up when the bed is down.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look up " Harsh Manufacturing " you will be able to find what you need. I tried to post a link but had no luck. I have used there dump bed conversion kits many times. Yours looks suspiciously similar. I don't remember what there stickers look like though.