1967 Fairlady ground cable

J Adank

I am puting back together a 1967 Fairlady roadster 1600 making good progress but on the battery ground abocable ther are around six leads of various sizes is there someone out there that could take a picture for me or draw a diagram of where those leeds hook up I would greatly Appreciate it

Thanks. Joe

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably more like 2, 1 #2 (big) will be from the neg battery terminal to the block and 2 a #10 wire from the neg battery terminal to the body

If you do not know why do you reply . I’m looking for A legitimate answer from someone who has a Datsun SP 311 with a OEM ground cable If it had two leads I would’ve said it had two leads. A better man says they don’t know other than try to input their sarcasm.

Umm, he didn't use the sarcasm font so was probably trying to help.

Can you post up a picture so we can see what it is you are dealing with?  Not too many roadster guys around here but most are willing to help. The catalog that I have only shows a single cable with one connector at each end but I have found that the pictures don't always match what is really on the vehicle.  I have a buddy that has a 1600 roadster and will try to contact him later today to see what he has and if he can shoot me a pic.

Other than that, have you tried your question on 311.org?

Oh, and better men don't show up to someone's house and start being a dick right off the bat.

• Like 2

An old drag racer does little fella. So you don’t know either but feel the need to chim in OMG! Any how if someone has a sp311 with a OEM battery ground cable could post a picture or a drawing of Where the leads attach. Beer is on me. If you don’t know but like to see your reply’s save it

Thanks. Joe

Wow, 6 grounds, someone must have smoked a few throttle cables.

The main 2 grounds are the battery cable to the engine block, and the lower starter bolt to the frame(web type cable).

There are others of which one fairly good sized wire is from the alternator to a mount bolt on the regulator, there are 2 smaller wires that exit the wiring harness near the radiator reservoir that go to the top of the frame near the steering column connection to the gear box.

Keep in mind that I converted over from an R16 to a U20 years ago and modified the wiring harness to work with the alternator on the driverside, so I likely made the necessary wiring changes to accommodate this conversion.

I will post a picture of the cable it’s like it grounds everything from this cable and it is short so it hooks close I’m sure it is stock the way it is made and the shape the car is in. it’s a full restoration so I want to get it right. Nothing around here to look at. Thanks for your help

If you do not know why do you reply . I’m looking for A legitimate answer from someone who has a Datsun SP 311 with a OEM ground cable If it had two leads I would’ve said it had two leads. A better man says they don’t know other than try to input their sarcasm.

An old drag racer does little fella. So you don’t know either but feel the need to chim in OMG! Any how if someone has a sp311 with a OEM battery ground cable could post a picture or a drawing of Where the leads attach. Beer is on me. If you don’t know but like to see your reply’s save it

Thanks. Joe

I will post a picture of the cable it’s like it grounds everything from this cable and it is short so it hooks close I’m sure it is stock the way it is made and the shape the car is in. it’s a full restoration so I want to get it right. Nothing around here to look at. Thanks for your help

Ya catch more flies with honey than vinegar.