Weber tuning issue A14

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad, I meant that it is at 1.5 turns in and at low rmp (no tach). I'm considering a .040" hole drilled into the throttle butterfly(s) opposite of the progression holes. I put a .008" feeler under the secondary throttle stop and it appears to open the second idle circuit (richer). When I used a .005" feeler it appears to do nothing.

The only air horn I know of that's available for a DGV is super expensive and will only fit inside a very tall air cleaner. You need to be sure to use a filter that is tall enough or you will disrupt the air coming into the carb. Preferably a foam filter from someone like ITG so it can suck air from the top as well as the sides.

Super expensive setup and probably not worth the effort.

We did play with different types of DGV air cleaners on the dyno once, and using an aluminum round air cleaner adapter, we found that if you raise the adapter closer to the opening of the carb, you can increase HP. Not by much, but it was measurable.