521 Artwork I Had Commissioned

twistedimages

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of action are you taking against ship?

Nothing that I can really do.  The truck is out of DMV system, the title was in the glove box, and there's no paper trail to go along with it.  So I'll just move on, find another, and build it better.

• Like 2

Didn't realize how close the front timing covers look. 

They're really a mini-RB - I love how they look, and since I'm not going to build it for big power it should be a good choice.  The aftermarket has kind of moved on from them at this point, but I figure a newer turbo on a custom manifold, along with newer management, should be good for a couple hundred horsepower to the wheels.  More than enough to make it fun!

• Like 1

Thought you guys might like this artwork I had made.  I just found out that the shop that was storing my 521 had it scrapped without telling me, so this is now the template for a tribute build!

521-2.png

What kind of action are you taking against ship?

Nothing that I can really do.  The truck is out of DMV system, the title was in the glove box, and there's no paper trail to go along with it.  So I'll just move on, find another, and build it better.

Someone was an idiot and dropped the ball here. Was it yours? or only in your mind? Why would a storage place think they could scrap it without telling you? Was there a storage lein on it?   

• Like 1

Someone was an idiot and dropped the ball here. Was it yours? or only in your mind? Why would a storage place think they could scrap it without telling you? Was there a storage lein on it?   

This wasn't a storage facility- it was the shop I used to work for.  The cab and front clip were on a pallet above the shop's office, where they had sat for about four years.  Long enough that pallet racks had been put in the way of actually taking the truck down without moving the shop around. I figured they would contact me when they got around to pulling it down, but that obviously didn't happen.  Thought I still had friends there, but learned the hard way that that wasn't the case.

So, I blame them for being the type of people that would do something like that, and I blame myself for not being more diligent about getting it moved out of there.  Lots of idiots dropped lots of balls, if you want to look at it that way.

• Like 1

That sucks, this truck is what got me back into datsuns. Whoever has it better strip the paint off or bad things might happen,lol

I'm guessing it just got crushed- it was just an empty cab and front clip.  I may have already found a replacement, though- just what I need, another project!

• Like 1

You doing 4 lug? or just artwork.

I’ll go 4 lug on this one. I will probably switch back to 4 lug on my 510 at some point, too - there are just so many more options for cool vintage wheels in 4x114.3.

The rear suspension will probably be based on a 510 IRS, and the front will probably be Toyota pickup again, so I’ll just need to make hubs to fit the Toyota spindles that fit a 4 lug rotor.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...