uploading images not working

Hello all,

I am having trouble uploading photos. hoping you all can help. recently I am trying IMGUR to upload photos. when i copy the link and go to ratsun i try to paste in the typing section and nothing happens, if i hit image on ratsun and try to insert the image upload screen freezes and nothing happens. what are people using to upload photos and how well do they work?

even peoples avatar images are not showing up, just shows "X"

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help with the avitar, i had to get help with that....

Are you using a phone or your computer?

If computer someone should be able to help....

if phone try postimage....

It was the only one I could get to work easy with my phone...

It has a "hot link for forum" button... copy and paste that here...

• Like 1

When I use imgur, there is an icon in the upper left hand corner of the "Reply to this topic" box that I have to click on to post the copied URL from imgur.  When you click on that button, all of the other icons turn grey. Then paste the copied URL.

In the imgur screen, I click on images then the copy button on the URL for forums or message boards.

Hope that helps.

But you can't post images from your computer, can you?

No, they have to be hosted (aka stored) on a server that is controlled by a hosting service so they have a known place (aka link) on the internet that is accessible 24/7

If you tried to do that from you own computer the pics link would break (disconnect from the internet and be inaccessible) every time you shut off your computer, meaning no one would see it when your computer was off.

Ratsun does not provide this ability in house because it adds way too much to the cost of the already privately funded (aka out of pocket for one individual) forum that we all know and love.  Some much larger forums do have this ability but the offset is banner ads and other BS we don't have to deal with here, and the mod and admin staff have no desire to deal with either.

This is an oversimplified explanation of the reasons but it seems that works the best for computer related issues on Ratsun.

Adding this mod might be a good addition to Ratsun...

https://imgbb.com/mod

I am still a bit curious as to what happens with the "rights" to the images uploaded to their hosting though, as it's a free site but they have to make money somehow I would think.

Also, a thing to keep in mind, once uploaded it's difficult to delete.  Requires contacting the staff, and from what I've found, they're not super responsive.  And a for clarification, it's not for storage of your images, you'd still need to keep the original stored on your computer if you wanted to keep it.