Canby 2018 presented by DNW

Guest Mojo510

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this will be the first Canby I'll be able to attend since 2012, and I got questions! 

1- The car is very race-car and I would be trailering it down. Is there parking for a trailer on site/site adjacent? I'd like to minimize its time on public roads as much as possible.

2- Weather might decide for me but if I have to pick a day, which day should I be there for? When I was last there, I seem to remember Saturday was the fun day, and Sunday was the show, but less attended. Might have been due to rain? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

So this will be the first Canby I'll be able to attend since 2012, and I got questions! 

1- The car is very race-car and I would be trailering it down. Is there parking for a trailer on site/site adjacent? I'd like to minimize its time on public roads as much as possible.

2- Weather might decide for me but if I have to pick a day, which day should I be there for? When I was last there, I seem to remember Saturday was the fun day, and Sunday was the show, but less attended. Might have been due to rain? 

Thanks!

There is a large parking lot right across the street.

• Like 2

Thanks!

Can't go wrong with Saturday. Longer day, more parts to buy at the vendor tables. 

• Like 3

That brings up a good point. For a first time visit to Canby, what would be the best "one" day to go? Why?

My answer would be that it depends on what you're wanting from Canby?

Car show? Walk and talk to owners? Sunday.

Datsun driving fun and a good time? Saturday.

• Like 3
Guest Mojo510

I'm with Flatcat, depends what your looking for, Sat best for just hanging out and seeing cars and visiting with people you only get to see once a year, you have the best chance of finding swap and vendor parts your looking for, Loren is doing a cruise Sat at 11am, we have the banquet dinner and guest speaker Peter Brock and the circle around the fire ring to B.S. and catch up.

Sunday is show day, raffle, swap meet and vendors, some years we have more some less on Sunday, depends on weather and fathers day date. If I had to pick one day it would be Sat I guess.

There is plenty of room for you to unload and store trailer, if your worried about your car getting wet in case rain, there is a set of bleachers you could camp and or park under.

I think the camping is a big draw to people for our show.

Steven

DNW

Thanks Steven, thats a great synopsis! Not so worried about the car getting wet, but good to know.

Mostly excited to see some other Datsun builds and share what I've been doing over the past few years, since unless you race, you haven't seen the car! 

Guest Mojo510

I haven't seen your car yet, looking forward to seeing it and meeting you.

For anyone looking for something to do around Canby, Pats acres rents 9hp go karts for 25$ per heat for about 15 min track time, little pricey but good fun. Look them up at Patsacres.com if interested.

S

For me I like showing up Friday get a good spot where you wanna camp to settle in, there is a Freddy's down the road from the fairgrounds to make a beer run, food and what not. Friday nights is cool too hang out then Saturday get up early get ready. They have showers so it's nice too.

if you have to pick a day 

sat is best more hours more cars more people more fun 

Fri eve is great camping and bsing 

Sunday main show shorter day sometimes less cars but definitely less time 

^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought buying and selling is what the classified section was for   :angel:

Unless you're special  :confused:

Jesus fuck Rick, already? We have a history of bringing parts to Canby to buy or trade, happens every year. Did you forget?

Jesus fuck Rick, already? We have a history of bringing parts to Canby to buy or trade, happens every year. Did you

here we go again  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Like 1