Canby 2018 presented by DNW

Guest Mojo510

Guest Mojo510

Draker,

The shirt in 14 & 15 were designed by Julia at T-designs, either we gave her the design, or we used to hold the Canby shirt design contest with the winner getting $100 for there efforts or we would let Julia run with it. Reuel did them the first year I took over in 16, Mark Clegg did them last year and he already has some designed for this year. When I took over I wanted to change things up so I don't use the "Datsun driving canby fun" and wanted to try new idea's for the shirt design.

Pre-registration would be nice for your reason's stated but I just don't have anyone to help me do it. I wanted to keep the show as simple as possible for myself, this is one of the reasons there are less classes in the show. Pre-registration is time consuming and I don't have anyone to delegate this task to. While paying at the gate has it's ups and downs I think it goes pretty quick, we have had some hiccups here and there but I think every show has a few.

Some people have issue with my price changes, I've raised the price to get into the show $10 over the last two years, so now it will cost $20 for Saturday and Sunday, prices have gone up for DNW considerably. I think $20 for two days at our show is right in line with other shows. For those who would like to pay a walk in fee and still bring their car in will have to talk to me directly when entering the show. This will not be allowed as it would be unfair to everyone else. I hope you can understand my position on this. I am not trying to be a hard ass but if I let this happen I'll have people asking why "he" doesn't have to pay to get in but "I" do? That's how I would feel!

Steven

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im in if theres some shinatigans... last year was cool even though it was rainy, but a cruise or an autocross or something would be sweet. i bought a bunch of c12 and barely burnt any down there... and i trailered because there is not enough room inside a 200 sx to camp and have enough spare parts in the car to drive it from Canada... and the diff would be smashing into the floor the whole way.. 

is there any state park campgrounds in the canby area? the fairgrounds was okay but the few places we camped at on the way down were awesome!

the entry fee seems legit to me...

Some people have issue with my price changes, I've raised the price to get into the show $10 over the last two years, so now it will cost $20 for Saturday and Sunday, prices have gone up for DNW considerably. I think $20 for two days at our show is right in line with other shows. For those who would like to pay a walk in fee and still bring their car in will have to talk to me directly when entering the show. This will not be allowed as it would be unfair to everyone else. I hope you can understand my position on this. I am not trying to be a hard ass but if I let this happen I'll have people asking why "he" doesn't have to pay to get in but "I" do? That's how I would feel!

Steven

$50 for two nights camping

$5 for  two days walk in. (food, T shirts etc. extra)

Sounds exactly like last year. What's to discuss?

Guest Mojo510

We tried an Auto-X in the past, this was a while ago, (2007ish?) since there isn't a place in Canby to have an auto-x, we tried to find a good sized parking lot for years in the Canby area with no luck. We rented the parking lot at the Salem fairgrounds for two years, it was great except we didn't have the participation since it was so far from the event, so we called it quits after that. Maybe it's time to start talking about doing another, I personally like flogging my car around an auto-x.

Setting up a cruise is something we haven't done in a while, we could set something up. Maybe someone on Ratsun, Datsloco or NWDatsuns could volunteer to set something up and call it the Ratsun cruise to Silver falls etc, I'd like to see our local clubs start working together cause "Datsun's", that's what we all have in common. If your interested you can e-mail me osgiken510@gmail.com and it would be one less thing on my plate.

There are lots of places to camp around Canby, you need to check the interweb for sites, but you need to do it ASAP as Oregonians apparently love camping and the camping grounds can get booked a full year in advance, so if you wanna camp away from the fairgrounds my advice is to start looking NOW! There are a lot of beautiful places to camp here. Champoeg state park is a good one near us.

Steven

Steve,

Just to be clear, for me and everyone else.

$25 a night for tent camping.($30 rv)  So 2 nights, $50 ($60rv)  Got it.

Then another $20, sat & Sun, to park our datsuns up front. Correct?

What about those who want to camp but not park? Cause thats been the confusion for the last two years.

Also its sad to hear that you don't have much help planning these events or helping out now days.  But we do appreciate those who do... Im planning on coming up

• Like 2
Guest Mojo510

Yes, $25 per night for tent camping, $30 per night RV camping.

When I took over I changed the car corral price from $10 for the weekend to $15, and this year another $5, so it's $20 for both days, DNW decided we wanted all the Datsun's and Nissan's that come to our event to be eligible for trophies in the show, weather they were in the corral or on the main lawn. So it's the fee for getting your car in the event. With the responses I've gotten it seems the majority like's that all the cars are included in the show.

I've been a DNW member since 2005 and I volunteered to make the show classes and do the Sunday show car parking from the beginning. One of the things I've heard every year was that "my buddy and I want to park together in the show but I have a truck and my buddy has a 510" with the way we set up the classes and parking we never allowed it and it upset clubs that wanted to park in the show as a club or as a group of friends. We still park in classes on the main lawn but with the corral being part of the show everyone can park together in the corral area and still be with there buddy's if they want.

Just to be clear I get lots of help at the show from our DNW group and others and I couldn't do this without them. I do my best to thank everyone after each show and offer them perks of free shirts or entry to our show. But basically Alan our treasure, Mark our vice pres and Kate (my wife) and I prepare the show for June, every year gets a little easier as I learn the ropes. I'm the one who volunteered to take the show over so I do the majority of prep, I do my best to make everyone happy but it's a difficult task.

Steven

DNW

At the blue lake show...

We pay to get in to the park. If we want to be judged for the classes, we then pay. Parking with the other Datsuns is free if we're not there to chase a trophy.

For Canby, it's fair to charge for corral parking. But one whole price to everyone, chasing trophies or not, is what the other side of the pricing confusion is about.

I get your point though.

Guest Mojo510

Canby to Silverton is 45 mile round trip. I'm guessing you guys wanna do some spirited driving and the most direct route may not offer that. I can start looking at the map and see what kind of route I can come up with.

I am looking forward to this so much!

I have an idea or two (just off the top of my mind) for a fun run. I will talk to Steven,& others at Wilsonville SONIC this Saturday. As for Silver Falls,there are multiple ways to get there, I am sure. We will be having our annual Silver Falls event in May,as always, so I will see if we can find a fun route there & back,for The Canby event. Steven, we'll talk at SONIC about other ways myself, & possibly other members of Datslocos Oregon who are willing,& could be useful to help out during Canby. I like the idea of all the clubs helping each other, but you all already knew that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mojo510

I've been working on another special guest for some time now and for the first time in years his schedule has opened up the weekend of our show.

I am very happy to announce that Peter Brock and his wife Gayle will be attending our show Saturday and Sunday. Peter Brock from BRE will be at our show for signing autographs and the banquet dinner with a Q&A session afterwards like we did with John Morton in 2017. Sunday he will be there for more signing and we will have Peter Brock best of show award, he will pick his favorite car of the show and hand out the award with pic's on the podium!

I did however find someone to set up preregistration for us this year! Julie Coop has come back aboard to coordinate this for us, we are in the process of setting this up, a price list for the show and preregistration will be set up on our site soon!

If you have any question please e-mail Steven at Osgiken510@gmail.com

Steven Pepka

DNW President

Thanks for all your support!