1980 720 radiator

Jj0225

I'm looking at buying a 1980 Datsun 720 king cab 4x4 from a neighbor I grew up withs' son. It has 168461 miles, manual trans. It ran when parked 5 years ago when the owner passed away but has a radiator leak. I can find about every part imaginable for these trucks with simple Google searches, except a replacement radiator. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the one on rock auto works fine, I got mine from a local parts store. Mine was all smashed up and too far gone, be warned though most of the aftermarket ones are thicker so they have more cooling surface area, but the stock fan shrouds don't fit.

• Like 2

^^^^^ Rock auto doesn't show one for 80 (on my handheld anyway) .. 1980 are different from all the rest 720s cuz L20b so if i remember correctly necks aren't on same side.... I don't have one right now so I can't check

• Like 1

The Z24 is very wide tall and thin somewhat like the KA rads.

The Z22 720 rad that I saw was about 3" wider and an inch taller than the usual L20B in 620s. I did fit this in my 620 but it did not fit well between the high beams.

RzFMbax.jpg 

Best bet would be the Z22 rad and a couple of 90elbows for the top rad hose if you can't fine one for an L20B .

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

You could always make up mounting brackets to install a narrow rad into a wider opening. Going the other way a little more difficult.

(Welder definition- we do the difficult right away, the impossible takes a little longer.)

• Like 1