Sign in to follow this  
CARSnTRAINS

Shift Boot?

Can anyone tell me where to buy a decent quality OEM shifter boot for a 510?    Thanks...

OEM does not exist anymore.

You can find good repops all over eBay.

• Like 1

Actually, you might try a Nissan dealer.  Not too long ago, i could get a new OEM shift boot for a 521.

If you can come up with the Nissan part number, your Florida Nissan dealer might be more willing special order it.

I got 2 of these aftermarket boots for a 510 on EBay from Thailand, they look and fit pretty good.

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

• Like 1

I run a Thaistick boot off ebay and i'm happy as a clam with it. 

I want Thai booty.

• Like 2

I want Thai boity.

• Like 1

Just for the helluvit...

74963-E6000

Agreed.

I want Thai booty.

Mike your soo bad, LOL

Thanks to all for the replies.   I had seen the Thailand boot & another from Mexico, but hesitated because both of the sellers had less than 100% positive feedback.    I now went ahead & ordered the Thailand one.    I just thought that someone might know of a better one available, I already checked with my dealer (less than a mile from my house) to no avail.

The same Nissan Dealer invited my local car club to display their mostly american cars for a promotion / party.    I brought my 'Goon.   I was really surprised that only one of the staff / salesmen, had a clue that it was a 1972 Nissan!

Nissan stopped being Nissan around mid '90s.

• Like 1

There are two different 510 boots......round & oval!  edekalil pics above are oval.

Yes, I have seen the round boot, but I have always had the oval on my '72 'Goon.    Here is the one I ordered, hopefully it is the correct one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shift-Gear-Lever-Boot-Cover-Rubber-for-Nissan-Patrol-Y60-GQ-NQ-160J/272801940711?fits=Make%3ADatsun%7CModel%3A510&epid=678600439&hash=item3f844344e7:g:NccAAOSwRYBZjoU~

• Like 1

I don't think that was the one I got but if the bottom is oval it should work, I have used a leather boot and using pinch welt to hold it on the metal plate as well.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, mine was more oval than square also, I don't see one like that currently on there though

I don't think that was the one I got but if the bottom is oval it should work, I have used a leather boot and using pinch welt to hold it on the metal plate as well.

The one in my 710 could be out of anything. It fits but may come up the shifter a bit more than I'd like. It's got lots of folds so it flexes just fine. Originally I had the faux leather covering with the draw string but it was in very poor shape and this looks clean.

Yes, I have seen the round boot, but I have always had the oval on my '72 'Goon.    Here is the one I ordered, hopefully it is the correct one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shift-Gear-Lever-Boot-Cover-Rubber-for-Nissan-Patrol-Y60-GQ-NQ-160J/272801940711?fits=Make%3ADatsun%7CModel%3A510&epid=678600439&hash=item3f844344e7:g:NccAAOSwRYBZjoU~

I bought this boot a while back. Way too big. Was not easy to get a refund.

I've recently installed a gearshift boot from a 1991 Mazda Pick-Up  B2200.

It fits pretty snug; and looks good too. The rubber is much better quality. Good luck!

Henry

Good lock on that bootty.