Good platforms for L series swaps

So here's an idea that's a Lil different, what I'm getting at is what cars out there would be fun swaps to put an L series into (L20b) or L28.. Etc.

For things newer this won't be the "fast" swap, but I'm sure some of us on here are die hard l series fans.

So whatcha think? L28 into a z31 or z32..

Or an L20b into a BMW E30 or maybe turn it around and put one in a bug or Karmann ghia..

Or either of the two into a fox body mustang? Haha.

And GO

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L20B in a 1200, B210 or 310. Maybe a 510 or 521.

L28 maybe in an 810 or Maxima so it at least fits but is not a replacement for the VG30 at all. If I was going six cylinder in an S31 or 32 it would be an RB26TT

Whats a BMW? fox??

• Like 1

I don't know about "good"  but we have been going to install the L28 turbo engine and 5speed out of my brothers 83 280zx into the 66 Rambler Ambassador out back for at least 10-12 years now.... 

And in a few days it will be yet one more year

:geek:

• Like 2

I have seen:

Sand Rail with a Dual Mikuni fed L-20B

Alpine Sunbeam with a Weber Carbed L-18

69 Jaguar E-Type with an L-24 with stock SU carbs

Farm water pump with an L-16

And a few L powered MG and Triumph sports cars and one Fiat Spider with an L-18 SSS 

• Like 1

I found a home made plywood covered tracked vehicle with VW transmission and '79 620 L20B welded onto it. Trees had grown up around it so it had say for a while. The L20B had a 71B 4 speed locked in first and was in the back facing the rear and I guess the trans/axle was driving the front wheels inside the track. Rad was full of green anti freeze. Got the engine and trans for the asking... had a matchbox too and a rough dash. I got everything.