Sign in to follow this  
Button

Front Sway Bar Issue - need help

Hey guys, I purchased a Quickor front sway bar about 3 years ago and I am finally getting around to install it and I, for the life of me, can not get it to fit.

So the bar has the big dip in it to clear the engine but I can't tell if the middle of the bar should be above or below the plate that sticks out in front of the front cross member. I can get it above the plate but I can't rotate it up enough to attach the end links with out the bar hitting the crossmember. If I go below the crossmember then I am no where close to making it fit.

Am I missing something obvious? Does anyone have any photos of how others are mounted? 

I have searched around some but I can't find much besides people that have made standoffs and attached the sway bar below the lower control arms.

Sway01_zpsduizguez.jpg

Here are some installation pictures of the suspension techniques bar.  I assume they are similar.

large.593814cb957cb_06062017grannysuspen

large.593814ccc19f3_06062017grannysuspen

gallery_159_314_1483043624_30070.jpg

• Like 1

CPCJg0s.jpg

Front cross member is on backwards?

• Like 1

... can only assume so. However...

Hey guys I am trying to get a my L20 rebuild wrapped up and installed with a 5 speed into my 510 but I have a few questions first.

Yes this is a modified crossmember with a custom sway bar, they were meant to show the attachment points, end links, etc.

Thank you guys for the input. CarterB those images were very helpful. Based on some other info I found I believe they accidentally set me a swaybar for an SR set up instead of a standard 510 bar. I will email Quickor and see if they can send me the correct one.