life

I think temporarily low from sudden standing. When sitting in Dr.s office (or WallMart pharmacy) it's like 130.

When I was a teen my Dr, said I would never have any heart issues. Fifty-five years and three million cheeseburgers latter....

• Like 2
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Low blood pressure is good as high blood pressure is the cause of most folks having a heart attack, when you have high blood pressure it expands your blood vessels which creates small cracks that the little platelets try to plug up, if you have high blood pressure all the time more and more cracks form and the platelets keep doing their job, eventually you plug up the vessel and have a heart attack, high cholesterol does not kill you, high blood pressure kills you.

• Like 2

I have a book that says there is no connection between high cholesterol and heart disease. You need cholesterol to feed your brain and help with memory. One of the side effects of those cholesterol reducing drugs is memory impairment. Up until April, for 25 years I rode 5  miles a day each way going to work, all year round only stopping if deep snow (4" lol) and like you I worked outdoors. Since May I've been walking 3 miles minimum a day every day and including the walk spend 3-4+ hours repairing a local walking trail with shovel and rake. Seven days a week.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Had mri done today with and without resolution contrast  tomorrow get ultrasound and blood work,  im hoping good results and hopefully no surgery or having to get any chemotherapy/radiation 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

so i got results back on friday after 2 weeks of getting mri and i have a mass on  the head of my pancreas and i will need surgery and hopefully no chemo/radiation. now waiting game to see when i have surgery

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

so i had appointment with gastroenterologist today and apparently not only do i have a mass on pancreas , but i also have 1 on liver and 2 on left kidney, and more tests are needed, then wait for results hopefully results won't take 3 weeks to find out like last set of tests did, then follow up with doctors to see what plan of attack is,  i just wish i could have 20 years back to where i was 32, younger, more energetic, not so much health issues,

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
well got results back, and not looking good, so i have contacted ctca/ cancer treatment center of america in goodyear to get 2nd opinion and possibly treatment since they have everything under 1 roof. will keep everyone updated
  • Sad 3

Sorry Gene.  I can’t relate, but I’ve been beside many similar struggles.   My recommendation would be to follow your MDs advise, and find a good ND to work with as well.  NDs can make treatments way more enjoyable and more effective.  I sure hope they get them out for you.  

• Like 2
On 12/4/2017 at 6:08 PM, gene knight said:

i have been getting more severe headaches and dizziness and blurred vision in my right eye and it is because of to many concussions i got when playing football in high school and college plus jumping out of planes also when i rolled my 69 mustang in my senior year of high school luckily i had it caged/rollbars but i did hit the windshield  even though i had 5 point seatbelts, 1 of the straps broke, i was in hospital for 3 weeks.  also when i was in the army 3 tours in iraq, i did see combat/ death and suicides in my sleeping quarters/tent and have flashbacks, plus i cant get any help thru the corrupt VA here in phoenix and also with the medical issues that i am having with botched double hernia surgery  and on unpaid medical leave from work it has raised my stress levels. i appreciate the thoughts and concerns. so please accept my apologies if i have made anyone upset with me

No one should be upset with you. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. You have to do what's best for you. I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all with you. Blessings.

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

so i went to CTCA-cancer treatment centers of america and they want to do a colonscopy even though i had cologuard done twice this year and a endoscopy with ultrasound and blood work and they think i will need to have treatments done but for how long idk. i think they are talking about doing  chemo/radiation treatments. i will update as soon as i know more

10 hours ago, gene knight said:

so i went to CTCA-cancer treatment centers of america and they want to do a colonscopy even though i had cologuard done twice this year and a endoscopy with ultrasound and blood work and they think i will need to have treatments done but for how long idk. i think they are talking about doing  chemo/radiation treatments. i will update as soon as i know more

Cologard type testing is  really only satisfactory for a limited number of cases and is obviously not 100% accurate.  Colonoscopy is almost 100% accurate and any polyps seen can be removed during the procedure.  Uncomfortable but effective.  Wishing you a good outcome.

• Like 1

Gene, hang in there amigo. Trust you are in good hands & healing is in your future. You've got lots of folks here on ratsun sending well-wishes & prayers your way. I believe in that. Keeping a positive mental outlook is frigging difficult at times but so necessary in reducing stress & helping your body/mind prioritize needs & energy. My Dad just went through some similar stuff back in March. It's serious & scary & the uncertainty of it all was unbearable at times but we got through it somehow. He's a Navy vet btw...Nuclear Submarines. 

I wish you the best Gene. You've already proven you're a soldier who can fight. You got this🙏

Edited by Angela
  • Like 2
  • 5 months later...

So some recent medical issues came up in my life. So yesterday I had to go to the hospital for severe left kidney pain and had blood work and CT scan and the results came back as Colonic diverticulosis an os mild oviod fat stranding adjacent to the mid descending colon in the left abdomen  measuring 1.1 x 1.4 cm may represent mild changes of epiploic appendagitis and Hepatic steatosis and bilateral ureteroceles

Edited by gene knight
  • Sad 1