life

That's the best way to live life, in the moment. Positive perspective in any situation helps also. Case in point is a guy I work with, Mr. Negative. This guy has major health problems and is bitching and complaining all the time. STAY POSITVE gene knight!!! 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

so everybody knows that i have been dealing with medical issues for quite some time and dealing with social security red tape and just got into accident at va hospital recently while driving golf cart  as a volunteer and while i was at stop sign waiting on traffic to move  driver behind me was pissed off and impatient cuz he could not find a parking spot while driving around 3 x on hospital campus and he took off before campus police could talk with him so now my back issues are worse and now my pcp says i can not lift anything heavy over 10 lbs and i have a disability certificate stating totally incapacited indefinitely and i have been getting some help with my ptsd issues and va upgraded my disability rating from 50% to 70% but still need to file a new claim on my back and severe sleep apnea cuz they did not include those in my previous disability upgrade. so to all those i have made upset with me in the past, i apologize and hope that in the future they will forgive me. i hope that they understand all the pain and suffering i am going thru is the reason i have not been nice. i have made amends to some people that i have wronged also.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

angliagt: i have been focusing on getting my 521 done once painter is finished painting it, i have been doing some meditation exercises, tried yoga but that ain't for me. i can't have /do the boring thing, it might make me more depressed.  thanks for your thoughts

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

i almost lost my dad today, he fell  early hours in morning and was unconscious and unresponsive and my step mom had to do cpr while on phone with 911 and when medics got there still no change but on way to hospital they were able to regain conscious and alertness and had to be flown to phoenix heart hospital for enlarged aorta artery by his stomach which was bleeding internally there and he had low blood pressure. after 3 hours in the operating room the doctors had to put a stint so they could repair and stop the  bleeding.  i finally got to see him in the ICU and he has wires/hoses all on his body so he won't be doing anything for awhile. this is not i had planned for today.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

so my dad's surgery went well he was moved him from ICU to a regular hospital room to recover. i spoke with the surgeon and she says she gets patients from all over the state of arizona to do those types of surgeries and no big scars only small incisions. thank you for all who prayed / wish him well

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, angliagt said:

Man,that sucks.Glad to hear it turned out well.

My Mom summed it up a few years back,after being diagnosed

with Parkinson's disease - "Getting old sucks!".

"Getting old sucks!". But its better than the alternative

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

so i had some tests done recently and results came back that i have issue with my liver that will need to have medical procedure done/ treatments. i wondering if it is cuz of my botched double hernia surgery i have on 2/14/17 and that has made things worse for me since then or by accidentally swallowing some diesel fuel/JP-8 when hose exploded on military fuel tanker i was working on back in 96 and was soaked from head to toe and had to go to hospital for decontamination/treatment. when internal organs start messing up it scares people. i am wondering if this has anything to do with my low energy levels. i am hoping that this issue is treatable quickly and painless. i see doctor next thursday to discuss treatment procedures.

Edited by gene knight
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, gene knight said:

so i had some tests done recently and results came back that i have issue with my liver that will need to have medical procedure done/ treatments. i wondering if it is cuz of my botched double hernia surgery i have on 2/14/17 and that has made things worse for me since then or by accidentally swallowing some diesel fuel/JP-8 when hose exploded on military fuel tanker i was working on back in 96 and was soaked from head to toe and had to go to hospital for decontamination/treatment. when internal organs start messing up it scares people. i am wondering if this has anything to do with my low energy levels. i am hoping that this issue is treatable quickly and painless. i see doctor next thursday to discuss treatment procedures.

Get in touch with the VA soon!  This may well be a service connected disability.  Also, check with VFW local chapter, they are very good at helping pursue disability claims.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

Get in touch with the VA soon!  This may well be a service connected disability.  Also, check with VFW local chapter, they are very good at helping pursue disability claims.

i have been trying to get a rating for my on going back issues and severe sleep apnea i developed while my 9 year military careeer.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

with all my medical issues going on in my life  today i had to to to emergency hospital cuz yesterday i went to urgent care on Saturday cuz i wasnt able to eat but 6 or 7 bites of food daily from monday to friday and they said i have GERD and needed to eat bland food items for 2 weeks well today i lost my balance and fell almost hitting coffee table and the top of my head to chin and both cheeks felt compressed and the doctors ran some tests and said it is my pancreas and need to get a mri to see what kind of damage is done to it. it got me thinking about patrick swayze and his pancreas struggle / passing from it and survival rates, and my father in law   doctor told me that brain and abdomen organs are suppose to be in sync. idk about that i'm not a doctor so i'm sorry to those i upsetted in the past and those who unfriended me

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1

While I was at hospital  and had tests done The results are back, i need to get mri they said it is my pancreas. They couldn't do it there cuz don't have machine and was gonna transfer me to another facility and was gonna stay overnight but that facility is concerned about coronavirus and my health of risking getting an infection from other patients 
I had a CT scan a few months back and came back as liver but now results from blood work and CT scan says pancreatitis so did someone make mistake / misdiagnose 

Edited by gene knight
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Let's not jump to conclusions Gene. Worry and stress are never good for you in the present. At our ages it's always one or more of our organs acting up. I sometimes get light headed when I stand suddenly.

Mike, getting light headed is likely because you have low blood pressure which is a good thing to a point.

• Like 3

I have been having foggy issues in my head lately and I have family history of dementia and vertigo plus i had cancer b4 and my family has history of cancer, my mom is a cancer survivor gonna on 4 years now but she did have stroke on July 2nd 2016, blood clot on right side of brain. So with all my life experiences like extreme motorsports and couple of car/motorcycle accidents/rollovers and jumping out of planes while in the army, my body is getting even with me.  God what I wouldn't give to be young or 20 years younger or become a vampire,  on drawback about vampire is no car shows during the day 

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1