life

3.4 is still within range for your age. The 2014 reading may have been faulty and why it should be done yearly or bi-yearly to get a good base line. It indicates a sudden increase which may not be true. If you're over 69 a 3.4 is even a better reading. There are still several options to lower the reading, but I imagine you're doing this. Don't despair, most men die of old age long before their prostate causes it. We're just living longer and it's more noticeable in the elderly population. Take care Gene.

• Like 1
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

well my lawyer did not win my case against the industrial commission against the fancy lawyers my work had hired and plus they took the opinions from some hack doctor who thinks i appear older than what my id/birth certificate says instead of a surgeon who is #4 in the country who trains other doctors in his field and his opinion that he recommends future surgery to repair the botched double hernia surgery i had last year  by a different doctor/ butcher who knew that the mesh he installed is on the recall list and it has now moved towards my bladder and causing issues. i guess money is more important to the lawyers than my health. 

• Like 1

well my lawyer did not win my case against the industrial commission and the fancy lawyers my work had hired and plus they took the opinions from some hack doctor who thinks i appear older than what my id/birth certificate says instead of a surgeon who is #4 in the country who trains other doctors in his field and his opinion that he recommends future surgery to repair the botched double hernia surgery i had last year by a different doctor/ butcher who knew that the mesh he installed is on the recall list and it has now moved towards my bladder and causing issues. i guess money is more important to the lawyers than my health.

...best wishes and may you get well.
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

after some recent tests it looks like i might have prostate cancer cuz i had psa test in 2014 and it was 0.09 now it is 3.80 and it has been affecting my bladder frequent needing to take a leak i had appointment with urologist and they stuck a camera down my junk, not pleasant feeling and they will have to operate and try to fix issues and maybe chemo. i want to thank those who responded to my post.

• 1 month later...

well yesterday i had a examination with a meeting with a psych rep in order to collect SSDI benefits that i am entitled to from all my years of working and since i cant go back to work cuz of botched double hernia surgery and the 4 vertebrae issues in my back and he could not give me his assessment. so now it is a waiting game

Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Blood Test

https://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/guide/psa#1

Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is a substance produced by the prostate gland. Elevated PSA levels may indicate prostate cancer, a noncancerous condition such as prostatitis, or an enlarged prostate.

Most men have PSA levels under four (ng/mL) and this has traditionally been used as the cutoff for concern about the risk of prostate cancer. Men with prostate cancer often have PSA levels higher than four, although cancer is a possibility at any PSA level. According to published reports, men who have a prostate gland that feels normal on examination and a PSA less than four have a 15% chance of having prostate cancer. Those with a PSA between four and 10 have a 25% chance of having prostate cancer and if the PSA is higher than 10, the risk increases and can be as high as 67%.

Gene when you are diagnosed with the prostate cancer then worry about it and seek pitty.

• 1 month later...

went to different urologist and took my results from my psa tests and ct scan, he says my psa results are to high and i should be <2.0 for my age, he is recommending a flow test and ultrasound and possibly biopsy on prostate. he also told me that doctors go by blood work psa 75% of the time and 25% finger check, i go back in a few weeks to find out results on recent psa test.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, gene knight said:

well my results came back and doctor says it is my prostate my numbers went from 3.8 back in feb. this year to 5.2 on sept 3rd. i want to thank all those who wish me good luck and are concerned for my health.

As men most of us will through some of this, get it taken care of.

Have they scheduled you for a biopsy yet?

My story is a couple years ago I experienced the same rise in PSA and during my annual physical my GP said it doesn't feel the same on one side.

Referred to a urologist I was placed on what is called active surveillance with a biopsy every few months and sometimes an MRI.

This year I was given options and in January I chose Cryo Ablation where needles are placed through the perineum and the cancerous area is frozen. I just had another biopsy and MRI and so far so good the bad area was destroyed and no bad cells were found.

The biopsies and ultrasound are office visits and for me involved minimal discomfort, the MRI tech's must get a lot of people that freak out in the machine but I found it relaxing and would almost fall asleep.

The surgery was a big deal but I was sent home the same day and I could get out of bed and take care of myself as long as I stayed on schedule with the pain meds.

Take care.

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...