Problems posting a for sale ad

ldills

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!  I created a new password and got the ad posted, but....the main picture that is featured is not the one I'd want to feature to grab attention, it was the first photo I posted of the car, body shot or any one of the body shots would be fine.  Instead the featured picture is from the middle of the set of photo's and it's the engine, which is rather boring.  Anyway, I tried to edit but it say's too much time has elapsed to make changes.  Can you help me with this?  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Mike, 

I am in the same boat.  My old password is a yahoo hack-a-thon derivative and I'm using gmail now.  I was daddyoethan and cannot get to my old e-mail.    Help and thanks.   I am clearing out 320 trucks and parts.  Only keeping my VPL221.  

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Well, I'm a member and can't post an ad because of the requirement for a photo.  I'm old, I have enough trouble working with computers anyway, so I don't do photos.  I have an old but never-opened carburetor rebuild kit for the Hitachi that came on the '81 720 Z-22.  I will give it free to anyone in the southeast Seattle/ east King County area willing to meet up with me.  Why would anyone need a photo of a carburetor kit?  Silly.  if members have that little faith in their fellow member actually having the goods described, it speaks poorly of the people involved in the activity.

Edited by seattle smitty
  • Like 1

Google images...

s-l640.jpg

Just copy and paste this picture into the sale ad. In the text mention this isn't the exact picture.

I hear ya on the 'old dog learning new tricks'. I had a picture hosting site account for months before I ventured out and tried to post a personal picture. I had to..... to keep up with everyone else. A picture is worth a thousand words.

• Like 2

Internet Explorer had the best tool bar, simple and obvious.  When I'd ask advocates of Firefox or Chrome or whatever how they did a copy/paste or a print preview  or whatever, they'd say, "Oh, first you do this, right-finger, then you do this, no, left finger,  then yak yak, .  .  . ," and tell me some non-intuitive thing I'd have to remember for a couple of weeks until I needed it.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FireFox is setup so you can customize your tool bar.  You can ad Copy/Paste and Print Preview too your tool bar.  You can also highlight with you mouse and right click the Copy Paste menu and then left click Copy and then left click Paste.  IE has and had nothing special about it.

Options_Menu.jpg

Copy/Paste are "Edit Controls" Drag and drop whatever you want into the fish box and then you canplce them where you want on the tool bar.  You can choose what tool bars you want at the bottom of that window.

If you liked IE I will pray for you.

• Like 1