JWray707

High Idle speed?

So at time it was 18 to 20 hg, is there something u did to the carb after that?

This is the third carb! Yeah, shitty supplier...not very detail oriented it seems.

Yes, I'm sure it is the primary. Kinda hard to get a good picture with it on the engine...but it's not supposed to be completely closed I'm guessing?

Good to know vacuum should be around 15.

So at time it was 18 to 20 hg, is there something u did to the carb after that?

I've had to swap the carb three different times for various reasons. Don't know what the difference was there.

Damn, 3x! Get your money back and get it somewhere else. Probably made in China crap. Too bad u can't put a weber 32.36.

Just did a compression test and it seems pretty dang low...though I'm seeing that numbers don't matter so much as consistency?

Dry/wet

1. 90/100

2. 90/110

3. 100/120

4. 90/120

What do you guys reckon? It recently started blowing out white/blue smoke on startup and then stops when it's warmed up. Would this be the valves or the piston rings?

Leak down test?

I recently did a block test on it and there was no sign of contamination. Oil color doesn't look too have changed any.

Got it to run and drop in gear but it's at high rpms. 1200 in drive. Seems to want to lurch too. When I put it back in park the RPMS shoot up and stick at 2300-2500.

I have a feeling im headed towards some work...

Three different carbs would not have the same high revving problem.

Warm up the engine, shut it off and take the throttle cable off. Start it up where's the idle?

• Like 1

When u do test, make sure its operating temp., use screw in type of tester not flug in. Yeh, those numbers looks too low,

Got it to operating temp and it was the screw in type.

I will try unhooking the throttle cable tomorrow and see if there's any change in rpm.

Did you open the throttle all the way when you did the test?

I didn't open the throttle. I don't have a second hand...guess I could've just wedged it open with something.

So it's bouncing between 1700-2000 rpms at idle...1300 in gear. Vacuum gauge is bouncing between 10-11.

Got in there again and sprayed with carb cleaner and it seems there may be a leak around where the manifold is attached. Worn gasket maybe? Loose bolts? Have to dig into that...

Not yet, but I will and spray it again after and see if there's any change. If not, I'll try replacing the gasket and see how that works.