Icehouse

What does it weigh?

Those engines can revved though. Back in the days at Laguna seca, them rx2-4 would beat a lot of cars.

I'd do a rotary in a heartbeat but my understanding is replacement parts are getting tougher to find and the apex seals are getting pricey. Also for a street car 200hp is the ceiling for N/A street car (not sure if that was 12A or 13B). 510s race ITC & GT4/GTL versus RX2-3 ITA & GT3. Both car weigh about the same but RX is sporting upward of 40 more horsepower.

You can milk about 22-25 mpg out of a rotary car but the instant you start revving them it quickly descend in to the 4-7 mpg zone.

As for burning oil my street B210 was burning a quart of oil a week.

As for weight I seem to recall an all up 12A being around the 260-280 mark. As for turbo rotary motors; there was a thread on the Grassroots Motorsports forum where someone swapped a V8 in place of the turbo rotary and the V8 powered car was lighter.

Soon we will see who's guess is closer :)  I weigh them with clutch, flywheel, starter.  All the goodies. 

You should leave the stock drum brakes.  That will make it feel so much faster!  

Yep!  Hopefully have the weight in a week or two.   :)

You didn't happen to get a chance to put the VG30 on the scales yet? Very interested to know. May need to invest in one of those digital scales, they look handy.

I remember hearing it was like 20 pounds more than a KA.

• Like 1

I’m curious about how much the real weight of a Toyota 1UZ weighs. Internet says 360, seems pretty light to be put into vehicles with a curb weight of 3500+

I’m curious about how much the real weight of a Toyota 1UZ weighs. Internet says 360, seems pretty light to be put into vehicles with a curb weight of 3500+

The 1UZ is a simple engine that makes for an easy swap, but it doesn't stack up well against other V8's. I would rather have a 5.3 LS than the wimpy 4.0L Toyota. And if you don't know, I am a Toyota guy.

Added NA SR and FJ20ET