z23et

Nathyne

Can't read the numbers. I've seen spinning tires before.

You saying it isn't true? I'll post the print when I get it, I only have a screenshot of it right now.

Nice Spiff! How did you adapt the SR20 CAS to the z24? 

I removed the cam gear from the sr20 cas axle and cut a offset notch at the bottom of the axle to match the oil pump shaft. Then I designed a new pedestal for it in fusion360 and had it 3d printed in nylon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX2q2T3jRnR/?taken-by=sand_sjol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You saying it isn't true? I'll post the print when I get it, I only have a screenshot of it right now.

Absolutely not!!! Would love to see the numbers for this. The vid doesn't show anything really just the car. I'm curious about what power is made at all the RPMs.

Absolutely not!!! Would love to see the numbers for this. The vid doesn't show anything really just the car. I'm curious about what power is made at all the RPMs.

Probably misunderstood you then. Graph of the final run is coming as soon as I get the email. I have this photo I took of an earlier run though. A bit blurry but I believe it says 163.9

Power peaks just over 5000, very linear power delivery. Click this link for image: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ekt3zEfr9SceVWpF2 I haven't found me a photobucket alternative yet

Very impressive gains compared to the turbodatsun.com build. Less displacement, only slightly more boost, much better power at that boost level.

Well, It's almost winter here so the cooler air definately helps, I believe his build was seeing some 70 degrees celsius intake temps and I'm at around 30-40 at max. Also I have the advantage of running tuneable efi I guess. 

What I can't understand is how that turbodatsun build haven't blown up? As far as I could see he didn't do anything other than retard the base timing to 0 degrees, that's like 20-25degrees all in? 

My engine was knocking like crazy even at 17degrees under boost and we had to pull so much timing in that area that we ended up actually loosing some hp compared to our initial runs...

Odd graph. I assume blue= torque and red is HP? Torque is always less than HP above 5252 RPMs and higher torque below it. 

HP = TORQUE X RPM /5252

At 4000 it shows 225 torque which works out to 171 HP but it shows about 125 HP so the torque line is too high

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Odd graph. I assume blue= torque and red is HP? Torque is always less than HP above 5252 RPMs and higher torque below it.

HP = TORQUE X RPM /5252

At 4000 it shows 225 torque which works out to 171 HP but it shows about 125 HP so the torque line is too high

But torque is in Nm. If you convert to lb-ft and do the calculations it equates to 126. I assume that might be the issue?

It tok some time though but I have the graphs now, so I'll post them as soon as I have it converted from pdf to jpg or something like that.

Max hp was 168.4@5300rpm and max torque 230nm@4100rpm. This is at the wheels.

Estimated 201hp and 274nm

• 2 weeks later...