Broken timing cover dizzy mount

d.p

I hunted around and found a 60 gallon tank/compressor with a working pressure of 150psi, I have to use a regulator on certain tools.

I paid $500.00 for it, the only thing I was not happy about is that it doesn't recover like I hoped it would when using orbital sanders and other such tools that use a lot of air.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1/2" pneumatic impact won't take the crank bolt out of my Toyota 7M (torqued to 195 ft/lbs).

I can hammer on it all day, and all it does is make the socket get hot, and mess up the plating on the bolt.

The only way to get it loose is with a 4' cheater bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Well JB weld didn't hold and it started leaking a tiny bit of oil out of the dizzy mount.    I re-jb welded it and then went to work on getting the TC off my spare motor.  

I put the head on and tried to get it off which didn't work.  Tried laying it on its side and bracing the cam bolt w/a socket and that didn't work.  In the end I just took the pan off and shoved a piece of wood in the crank and used my jack handle as leverage to break it loose.  What a son of a bitch.  Now time to clean it up and swap it on my truck when I get the motivation.

37436743964_f305989cd3.jpg