Kill Stories- Porsches

510six

A friend and me were talking about our favorite "kill" stories, He is a big VW fan and owned a high 10 sec streetable ( I use that term loosely) 66 bug. Both of our stories include Porsches , a couple of days before running a 10.98 we were using a Tech Edge wideband and a very basic datalogging system to give the EPROM chip burner a better idea of how to tune the Bug. A new tune was implemented and during the trip home we pull right next to a brand new 2003 AWD twin turbo $103,000 Porsche and my friend revs on Him. The driver of the Porsche looks smug and revs back ( I guess He didn`t notice the turbo and intercooler ) after about a 10 car ass whooping we get shot past at about 120.

http://www.cbperformance.com/dragracevideos.asp#video04

My story is when I was driving on the 215 fwy in So Cal and had just fueled up with 100 oct. fuel, the 510 had a small T4/T4 turbo and made 275 rwh @ 12 psi. The car spolled by 2500 rpm and made good mid range power, a 200 rwh shot of nitrous was also avalable. I was passed by what looked like a very dark purple 77 930 turbo and it was really moving in and out of early morning traffic. I matched speed and began following the Porsche in and out of traffic, the traffic was heavy enough so that the Porsche couldn`t really "spool" boost enough to put distance on me and with my midrange power I stayed right on it`s tail. I turned on the nitrous bottle heater and opened the bottle, the nitrous system on my car was dual stage with a single fogger 50 rwh and a port system with 150 rwh. I stared using the 50 shot vs the Porsches bursts of speed still keeping up with this increasingly frustrated Porsche driver. Slowing speed as we both merged onto The 10 which was amazingly clear I turned on both stages of nitrous and pulled about 10-12 lengths on the Porsche.I then slowed down to the speed of traffic and let the Porsche go, about six months later( through a friend running NASA events) I found out that the owner of the Porsche had just spent 11 grand on some major modifcations about two weeks before our little meeting.

Edited by 510six
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we let a 911 try to catch us in our 68 mustang (LA to vegas) wasnt really a kill, but def bruised his ego :lol:

ive been bugging a co-worker to take a cyn cruise in his 911 against my 510, he keeps saying yes & ill blow you away.

hasnt commited...im waiting :sneaky:

The Bug actually was fairly dependable, it used a experimental aluminum type 1 case and was fuel injected. My point is that with a 4 speed and 4:08 gears the car was limited to a 50-55 mph cruise speed. The Porsche I messed with also had a 4 speed, but a much higher final drive ratio. Having an CIS to EFI conversion a 3.3l motor , big brakes and 450 hp turbo upgrade , made the 930 a very formatable car. The T56 six speed in My 510 makes for a flexible highway car, the small turbo with the large shot of nitrous did limit large horsepower to short bursts. The current setup with the ported headed L30 and the T67 bb turbo can produce large horsepower #`s without nitrous or racegas (well E85 IS 105 octain, but still pump gas).

Edited by 510six
  • 2 months later...

definately time to start turning up the boost. It should have been 15 lengths. I have to find the driver disc for the DB-9 to USB converter so I can hoov up my laptop again and start tuning.

definately time to start turning up the boost. It should have been 15 lengths. I have to find the driver disc for the DB-9 to USB converter so I can hoov up my laptop again and start tuning.

Turbo or non turbo 944? Putting the hurts on a 944 turbo would be a good kill.

Turbo or non turbo 944? Putting the hurts on a 944 turbo would be a good kill.

I would assume a non-turbo. Either way the guy was pissed to get schooled by a black and red POS! He wouldent even look at me afterwards. He hit the next left and took off.:lol:

Hey man, that story about the purple Porsche is a good one! :D

I love stories where the "little guy" gets the win. I have owned over 30 different VWs (to differing levels of compliance with applicable state and local law):lol: and have always enjoyed the feeling of passing ANYONE ELSE in a VW.

I have this awesome video of me dragging at Bandemere Speedway here in Colorado with my primered and lowered, dual carbed Squareback 1967. I smoked the bug that I raced...that always feels good...except...

it was an ELECTRIC CAR!!!!:lol::lol:

You can't tell in the video but the car actually said "Sun Bug" on the back of it.....I am actually laughing right now, just thinking about it! If I can ever find it and swap it over to digital, I will put it up here.

My 521 would do about the same in the 1/4 I bet.:blink:

My favorite Porsche story is one that took place in California several years ago. My buddy had a 928s (they had factory V-8s in them anyway) that was really...REALLY fast!:blink: We blasted up to San Fransisco for a Niners game. We were goin 120 for a really long stretch of straight road which was totally open and free from bad traffic. After the game was over we were getting back on the highway to head back to Monterey and looked to our right and guess who was there...driving his Ferrari? Jerry Rice!:cool:

Lets just say that a mutual friend worked in position that allowed them access to liscence plate info and was able to confirm that it was him...although the size of his nose gives it away too:rolleyes:

My friend was driving and as he pulled up next to the football superstar, he gave the throttle a couple of quick blips to get his attention. It worked! We both took off through traffic at more than posted speeds as we headed south. This little game of follow the leader was pretty short though, he pulled off in just a few seconds. I recall him smiling at us as we drove along side of him.

Cool experience though:D

By the way...I love what Claude's Buggies has done for the VW scene. CB performance has become a very strong leader in the aftermarket and performance market. Years ago, I bought my 3rd Squareback from Rick at the old CB shop in Farmersville.

so i didnt race, but built a 280zx with small block that killed a porsche here in b.c. i had a guy come from cali (visiting his fiancee) and his l6 died on him up here. he desides to put in a 425 hp small block. so i dump it in, no biggie, took a coupla weeks just messing around. 3 days later i get an extremely excited phone call. he screamed i just beat a carrera turbo!!!! he took the guy up past 120mph and still won on some lonely hwy in vancouver!! i told him how nuts he was, but he didnt care, he won.

so i didnt race, but built a 280zx with small block that killed a porsche here in b.c. i had a guy come from cali (visiting his fiancee) and his l6 died on him up here. he desides to put in a 425 hp small block. so i dump it in, no biggie, took a coupla weeks just messing around. 3 days later i get an extremely excited phone call. he screamed i just beat a carrera turbo!!!! he took the guy up past 120mph and still won on some lonely hwy in vancouver!! i told him how nuts he was, but he didnt care, he won.

Is that the one that was on Zdriver?