Sign in to follow this  
1lo620

Blowing fuse..

Ok so I am blowing a fuse that is obviously hooked to charging. Every time it blows charge light goes on. So I looked under hood didn't see any loose wires. It stopped for about a week. Now charge light comes on and fuse is really hot in fuse block. Any ideas. I am not a electrical guy..

Fuse should not get hot. Clean the brass clips that hold it. If there is resistance it will get hot like a toaster element. If hot enough it will melt the solder inside the fuse glass.

It has that is how I found out how it was hot it melted onto my leg as I was driving. I will clean fuse block. See how that goes

• Like 1

You can also unplug it and remove. Soak in a lemon juice and salt solution over night. (vinegar also works) The mild acetic acid will remove the copper oxidation.

6XXHZRx.jpg

The only problem might be that the heat has taken the spring out of the clips and they don't grip tightly anymore.

Ignition fuse I assume.

I reseat the connection related to the ignition side of things.

Was anything added? Different coil or soemthing added.

MY last 521 ignition light comming on was a bad alternator. kept popping fuses when I started the truck.

those rebuild alternators are just getting worse. I cant get a year out of them anymore

Well in will try to clean fuse block first. See where that takes me.. Alternator next. Thanks Mike and Hainz..between you both and Steve (redeye) you keep my Datsun a rolling...thanks for the help and advice.

• Like 1

I totally spaced... sorry about that :)