The ol' dat620 window seals.

Relevant thread regarding this post is here: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/7161-620-king-cab-window-gaskets/page-22

Hate to dig up a 5 year old topic, but a while back when I owned a 620, there was a guy named Tom (dat620) who had this whole group buy for custom window seals.  Long since sold the truck, and it looks like dat620's last post was in 2012.  I honestly forgot about this until just now.  Did anyone else fail to get a refund on the $100 they sent that dude?  I tried repeatedly to get in contact with him, even via phone in 2013/2014, but it seems he just disappeared with most people's money.  The old thread was locked before the issue was resolved.  What the hell happened?  Did he die?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toms alive and well, lives in Phoenix Az.. Helps his good old buddies work on their Datsun's.  --- members on here so you know. Makes me wonder what kind of people have a thief for a friend. SMH

Stole over $1000 from the members so he could put a down payment on a new home he purchased about the time the theif was happening.

Toms son is the one that died, dam wrong person. 

wait, Farmer got seals ??? not the ones that could fit a 747, right ??

hope Tom might be still alive. Some of us still got a chance to kick that scum bag in the fuking balls if we see him. That's if he has the balls to show up at Canby 2nd weekend in June. < just for u Tommy (prick)

Sure one of his good old buddies will tell him his name came up again on Ratsun.

do I sound a little bitter ?  When a little low life uses GOD to make him self sound so fuking righteous of a person to only be the opposite. yeah, enough said.

one last thing to say, IBtL 

and thanks matty for the salt, wasn't needed.  ;)

• Like 1

I'm not going take sides but there is no reason to say things that he or his son died, both are alive in fact tom is my neighbor but his family has been going thru medical issues and is disabled plus the company who made the seals screwed up the dimensions and refuse to reimburse the money.

I'm not going take sides but there is no reason to be a bunch of idiots and says things that he or his son died, both are alive in fact tom is my neighbor but his family has been going thru medical issues and is disabled plus the company who made the seals screwed up the dimensions and refuse to reimburse the money.

Hold on.... since this conversation before you only involved 2 people, who are the "bunch of idiots?"

I do feel for the misfortune the guy has apparently had, but there's no great excuse for not reimbursing by now.  He played the role of service provider and failed the deliver the service, so I'm owed.  End of story. The circumstances are unfortunately inconsequential to me.  I never heard any excuse given about wrong dimensions and company refusing to reimburse.  That is absolute news to me coming from a stranger.

• Like 2

...there's no great excuse for not reimbursing by now.  He played the role of service provider and failed the deliver the service, so I'm owed.  End of story. The circumstances are unfortunately inconsequential to me.

This. Same as with every deadbeat scammer around, and scammer is exactly what they are.

• Like 1

Also, its worth mentioning that Tom stopped answering my emails/calls long ago after promising me reimbursement and then not delivering.  I tried not to badger him, but even being subtle and patient seemed to result in ghosting.  Not exactly the respectable actions of a stand-up guy.  

There's no "sides" as far as I see it.  There's just a right and wrong in relation to specific deal involving 620 window seals. The dude is and always was wrong.  I'm still amazed that there's a sense of defensiveness to it.

• Like 1

i understand the issues but he has had alot on his plate in the last five years which i do not wish to go into detail, its not my place to elaborate the issues and i agree that he should stay in contact plus i am in need of seals also and I apologize for idiot remark and I have since edited my first comment

• Like 1