oil pan leak

nissan720

Is that stuff good for water and or coolant as well?

Yes, but bulky for that purpose.

I also consider the color of the RTV when choosing one for a specific purpose and I don't love the look of RTV squishing out so I will try to match colors. If used on, let's say, an aluminum Datsun L series t-stat housing, I will use Gray RTV.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the source of my leak.It is coming from those 2 small o-rings behind the timing cover.My motor is the ka24e.I have change these 2 times already following manufacturers instructions.I am using an aftermarket timing cover made by Dorman.I really think I have a defective cover.Going to get a new one made by ITM anybody got any experience with there products?I found one in the local salvage yard off of a 1997.

• 2 years later...
On 10/19/2017 at 6:33 PM, nissan720 said:

I found the source of my leak.It is coming from those 2 small o-rings behind the timing cover.My motor is the ka24e.I have change these 2 times already following manufacturers instructions.I am using an aftermarket timing cover made by Dorman.I really think I have a defective cover.Going to get a new one made by ITM anybody got any experience with there products?I found one in the local salvage yard off of a 1997.

How did your ITM timing cover work out for you?  Did you use a gasket or RTV?