~~~~ bagged 1967 520 ~~~~

great looking truck..

i have some vw low backs that i'll be putting on my 521, do you have pics of the rails/mounts?

i just welded bars to the bottom and bolted them in with no tracks, the tracks were welded to the actual car and the junk yard didnt want to cut them out,im 6'1" so i will have them all the way back anyways:p

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those stripes and logo really fit the rest of the truck. i just noticed in some of the pics your upper wishbone angle looks kind of weird. it looks like your instant center is on your lower link. it could also just be the angle of the picture but i just noticed that.

those stripes and logo really fit the rest of the truck. i just noticed in some of the pics your upper wishbone angle looks kind of weird. it looks like your instant center is on your lower link. it could also just be the angle of the picture but i just noticed that.

thanks!! the wishbone mounts are on the cross brace,pinion angle is 0 when locked and -3 when laid out,also have the one peice drive shaft that helps out too:p

that pinion angle sounds real good but your instant center also has an affect on your antisquat and roll axis. its something that gets overlooked quite a bit in minitrucks which is fine if your building mainly a show cruiser but can make a noticable difference in everyday driving.

• 2 weeks later...

more "baby steps":D

got all the braces fully welded,seam sealed and undercoated,also made some 1/4" plates for the rockers,and added gussets to them so they are ready for war!!:P

hollow rockers

oldCOMPpics090.jpg

1/4"plate fitted

oldCOMPpics092.jpg

cross supports

oldCOMPpics093.jpg

tacked up

oldCOMPpics094.jpg

oldCOMPpics095.jpg

1/4"body mounts,fully welded and braced,seam sealed and undercoated

datsun007.jpg

datsun006.jpg

thanks,i would like to run a L serise,but the j13 barely clears the hood:(

Hey man checking out your build... dammed good work ! Im installing a L20 in my 320 im sure you can too but you got a nice engine already so why bother. Any plans on the interior? Im going old school on mine

yo thats coming out super sweet. makes me cry. im missing mine. throw a rotary and youll have lots of fun..... are you taking it to southeast showdown in atl in july? ill be there....

thanks,i plan on takeing it to slamology next weekend and katic fest the following,after that i dunno:)