~~~~ bagged 1967 520 ~~~~

I would highly suggest going with a slam bag in the front. The firestones expand outward way too much to fit the bag in such a tight location. You are going to have to notch the frame, quite a bit at that. Heres a few pics of mine:

1220200663122AM74481.jpg

1220200663015AM21111.jpg

1220200663211AM98941.jpg

1220200663253AM91101.jpg

I wish i still had all my pics, but the engine crosmember had to be cut because the lower arm was hitting it, it was then plated which adds strength to the notched area of the frame. I also added internal plates inside the frame before i placed my cover over the notched frame for some extra strength.

Also dont forget, if you want to lay full rail, you need to cut the center of the tranny crossmember and modify the bodymount since they hang lower than the frame.

1220200662930AM87021.jpg

You may also want to look at your upper control arm mounts, see if your going to going to have enought adjustment to correct your camber at you desired ride height. I re-made my mounts because of this.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ive took it out for a few test runs (drag sessions:p) and everything seemed ok,so its about time to take the body/bed off to start the stock floor bodydrop,here it is in the driveway ready for dissassembly,the rocker it 4" from the pavement, and the frame is 1 1/2" fromt the ground,so the plan is a 1 1/2"z to get it framed,then a 2 1/2" frame section to get it bodied:blink:

Picture114.jpg

Picture115.jpg