craigba

Both turn signal lights & Dash lights on when key is on

Hey,

So I took my dash out to sort out some electrical issues, and when I put everything back, and turned the key to on, the turn signals both lit up and so did some of the dash lights. Any idea what may be going on? I'm thinking maybe a flasher might be bad?

In a Datsun 620. I checked all fuses and they are all good

Hey,

So I took my dash out to sort out some electrical issues, and when I put everything back, and turned the key to on, the turn signals both lit up and so did some of the dash lights. Any idea what may be going on? I'm thinking maybe a flasher might be bad?

This is what caused the problem. What makes you think that a flasher decided to 'go bad' while you were doing this.

Go back and look at what electrical issues you sorted out.

Wires are color coded, get the diagram for your truck and trace all the wires you messed with, something simple.

I got it, I'm retarded. Stupid me. Speedo cable wasn't hooked up. Thanks for the replies!

• Like 1

I got it, I'm retarded. Stupid me. Speedo cable wasn't hooked up. Thanks for the replies!

The speedometer cable was probably jammed up against the circuit board on the gauges.

Yeah my grounds are good to go, however when I bought the truck I fried two throttle cables before running multiple ground straps from block to frame and block to body. Thanks again for the assistance! Probably should think thoroughly before posting

I can never over emphasize how important grounds are, chassis to cab, chassis to engine, chassis to bed....very important.