Just got a Datsun 521 :)

Roge

You might just need to re-adjust the jack stand onto the center of the plywood pads.

The frame looks normal to me, like any other frame in the Pacific NW, I suspect the top of the frame is the same, this is not a Roadster where they put this material between the cab floor and the top of the frame to enhance rust in them areas.

I suppose it depends on what you are going to try and accomplish here, if you just want a driver then cut out the rusty floors and replace them with good sheet steel stock that is thick enough not to flex, if you want a nice truck you have a lot of work ahead of you, I like drivers myself that look decent from a distance that are not going to fall apart, and I like them not to rattle a lot. :lol:

that's what i want to do i want the truck to become my daily driver and a nice one I'm not worried to much about the body right now that's way down the road i want it to run and run well and it to drive straight and be able to stop we didn't have much time today (me and my dad) to fiddle with the brakes to much but we were going to try and take the brakes apart and see if we need to replace them all the way around or not and what should i do to replace the floors cause like you said i don't want it to rattle either haha.

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality seems good can't say for longevity... I'm still putting my 521 back together. I have only 12 miles on it and only 1 mile with working brakes....

( did 12 miles on the dyno, was fun)

Not sure what else to say....

Since I've been rebuilding mine I've Found parts become available then they are not.. or the brand availability changes... that's why I say new over remanufactured..

• Like 1