Sign in to follow this  
PineClone

Windshield seal replacement

Hi all. I want to replace the front and rear windshield seals on my '78 B210 2-door sedan. First i need to purchase the seals, and i looks like they are available on ebay (i think).

My question: What is the process for replacing the seals? Does the glass need to be completely pulled, or can the existing seals be pulled out, do some heavy cleaning, and then replace with new?

Thanks.

The complete window must be pulled. The edging around the opening (where the seal sits) needs to be cleaned.....right..If you are not using Nissan OE seals, It helps to use a little sealant where the window sits in the seal and even more where the seal meats the car body.

It is a slow process putting the windows in, the seals need to be warmed are put in on a very warm/hot day. Take your time pulling the cord (grease the cord). The Windows crack way easier then one would think.

The complete window must be pulled. The edging around the opening (where the seal sits) needs to be cleaned.....right..If you are not using Nissan OE seals, It helps to use a little sealant where the window sits in the seal and even more where the seal meats the car body.

It is a slow process putting the windows in, the seals need to be warmed are put in on a very warm/hot day. Take your time pulling the cord (grease the cord). The Windows crack way easier then one would think.

Thanks. I think i will go ahead and use an auto glass service do the install. I just need to come up with the seals. Just need to find the right supplier. Looking on ebay i see several options at various prices. Not sure who is reputable.

And while i'm at it, i'm going to do the door seals. I'd also like to do the flat rubber "wiper" on the driver and passenger windows. So need a source on all of these (if one exists).

I have a set of Aussie door seals (new) PM me.

There is a genuine Nissan front windshield seal available, if you buy it direct from BP Projects you will save big $$$.