mainer311

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, d.p said:

Take a pic form the front, either side of the truck so I can see how far they protrude.  

And let us know how well those tires grip on the mean suburban streets of wherever you live.  

Damn things sling rocks everywhere. To be expected with a semi-slick I guess. Here’s the frontal view.

0UHg9c5.jpg

• Like 2

Does anyone know why Nissan went through the trouble of grounding the tail light frame? It makes no sense. They could have grounded directly to the frame instead of running the ground through some rusty shit 4 times.

• Like 2

Maybe just following N American rules for vehicles. Hence the insanely stupid dimmer switches.  I don't think Datsuns in Japan had them but all NA must have dim able dash lights. The problem is they are not anywhere near bright enough in the first place to ever need dimming. Is there anyone here that has to dim their stock Datsun dash light because they are too bright????? I have never been able to read the odometer in my 620 or 710s at night. A thousand times I have grabbed and tried to turn them up only to find they are maxed out. It's a cruel, cruel trick they play on us.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, leorton said:

How's their performance on the street? How about their wet grip and handling? I'm thinking of getting these tires from 4wheelonline but for my car.

The truck seems to wander a little bit more with them on uneven road surfaces, but that might be a side effect of the alignment being a little bit off in the front.

They grip like hell in corners. I was able to break traction with them tonight, but only because the rear axle lifted the inner wheel. I don’t have any wet conditions to report because I don’t drive it in the rain.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 6:30 PM, d.p said:

@datzenmike is is here talking like they had one.   Yawn. 

On 7/29/2021 at 6:39 PM, mainer311 said:

He’s been hittin the Canadian Club a little too hard.

I had a 521 for about 8 years, don't remember a dimmer but I sure do remember how useless the 620/510 and my current 710 dimmer is.

• Like 1