mainer311

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, demo243 said:

@mainer311 are you running sway bars on this thing?

Definitely consider it if you aren’t once these sticky tires are on. The futofab bars made a big difference on my 620.

Stock sway in the front. I have seen Dave's sway bars. A bit pricey though. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, d.p said:

And @demo243 have you seen anyone with a futofab sway bar on a 521?  I remember reading somewhere that they had to be flipped upside down to fit.   And @mainer311 the $250 sway bar is pricey but not $800 on tires for a 521?  

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493btvv4h9el3flcjcxtlm

They were only $580. If I did the front, I'd do the rear as well, so $500, but I see your point. 

I took the truck out in the rain the other day (which I rarely do) and it was spinning through 3rd gear. That's what prompted the tire change. At that point I just wanted something cool, and the local Pep Boys had 2 of them laying on the floor in the front entrance. 

• Like 2

Man I was going to mention R888Rs are shitty in the rain because they are R compounds but I guess if you aren't blasting down the freeway at 100mph in a heavy downpour you should be fine.  I too rarely, if ever, drive my truck in the rain so would be a non-issue.  But they are also loud as fuck so your experience maybe good or bad.   What tires do you have on now?  I have hankook all seasons which do fine in pretty much rain or shine (never driven in the snow and probably never will).  I mean for what power the truck puts down they are fine.  

• Like 1

Current tires are 195/60-15 Goodyear Eagle RS-A. They were like $50/each new. I just needed something cheap at the time so that I could get the 15's put on after my brake conversion 2+ years ago. 

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 2

I think I paid $70 per for mine which is par for the course for my truck I guess. 

Now that I think about it I really do have no rhyme or reason on how I justify a cost for my truck.  Meaning what is the most I would pay for something at one time for it?  If I had to guess it has to be under $1000 at the very most but whether I end up spending more than that on what I am buying is irrelevant.  Some weird games I play my head with this truck.  

• Like 1

I had some cheap Goodyear tires on my old Accord. I was following a garbage truck on a twisty road in light rain and couldn't keep up with it through the turns because the tires kept breaking loose 🥴 Pretty much swore off Goodyear after that. 

There's nothing fiscally justifiable when spending money on a 521, so don't even think about it. You'll never get the money back anyways. I just think about it as entertainment spending.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1