mainer311

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

The SR22VET Neo is a cool little engine that people have been putting into the Roadsters. It requires a bit more work though. Pulls hard to a high RPM thanks to the VVEL. 

Yeah there’s a guy out here that build them but for the price and horsepower I’m not that impressed. But yes it’s different. I agree.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

O he is out here on the west coast. Kevin’s roadsters. Makes really nice stuff and has been doing those engines.. that’s the Nissan version of Honda’s VTECH

Kevin Desirello, I know him.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s crossed my mind, but there’s no heat out there, so there’s no sense in putting up insulation.

The upstairs was actually framed out to be an in-law apartment, but I turned it into my wood shop. The “bathroom” is where I store all of my different kinds of lumber.

The garage was built in 2000 two previous owners ago, and so far nobody has bothered with it. I did just put a new $9k roof on it though.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, mainer311 said:

It’s crossed my mind, but there’s no heat out there, so there’s no sense in putting up insulation.

The upstairs was actually framed out to be an in-law apartment, but I turned it into my wood shop. The “bathroom” is where I store all of my different kinds of lumber.

The garage was built in 2000 two previous owners ago, and so far nobody has bothered with it. I did just put a new $9k roof on it though.

Yeah above mine is a deck so I couldn't even insulate it if I wanted to.   Its 99% water proofed but it makes it a challenge if I wanted to mount anything overhead.   I just got the slab poured and I am elated because I have a place to work on my cars again.  It blows having to use a jack/jack stands on uneven gravel.  

Before:

46872018085_220f700c94_z.jpg

After:

40822452233_5808df01aa_z.jpg

Edited by d.p
  • Like 2

Yeah I have been spoiled up until this house with garages but I bought this one knowing it had the potential for a good one.  Wish it was high enough for a lift but it is what it is.  Could always have an outside lift.  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, mainer311 said:

Is that a defender in there?

Sort of. It's the Defender's father. My 1957 Land Rover Series 1.

22 hours ago, d.p said:

Niiice.  I don't have enough land to build something that large.  How much a pole barn like that cost? 

I thought I replied to this...

$50K all in. Including concrete, electrical, insulation, etc.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

$50K all in. Including concrete, electrical, insulation, etc.

Sorry don't want to thread jack.. what are the specs? 30 x 60? (I'm in the market)

• Like 2