Just bought a 521

mainer311

12 hours ago, mainer311 said:

The listing says it's from a 1974 260Z, so I'm afraid it won't get me anywhere.

Could you imagine living in the Pacific Northwest and having endless access to Datsun parts? Us east coast guys are shit out of luck when it comes to parts. 

Edited by d.p
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There’s a guy out west that sells NOS Datsun parts. He gets phone calls to come check warehouses, and he said a lot of the time, stuff is being thrown into dumpsters already by the time he arrives.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1

Damn, didn’t know you made it. Thanks for the pics. It was good to see Neil made the pilgrimage.

I got there and discovered I never hooked my coolant overflow tube back up last night and blew coolant all over my engine bay. Oh well. I need to stop last minute tinkering.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, wayno said:

I think it's hilarious that our small Datsun trucks are smaller than most everything out there including a lot of cars.

Try driving a roadster. Probably about the same width, just a little shorter and a lot lower.

Someone snapped a picture of me driving to work one morning and put it on Instagram with the caption "Gee, I didn't know I was in a game of Mario Kart this morning." A buddy of mine found it and said, hey isn't that you?

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1