mainer311

Just bought a 521

There is a difference.....

It's hard to explain but I think the angle of the tie rod end are opposite.... If you compare them side by side you'll see it..... 

I know you cant swap them either,  because I was lucky enough to get a right in the left box.... so I had 2 rights and they would only go on the right side.... 

• Like 1

This may not even help but you can see the difference.....

This first pick is just reference,  if you look at the back side of the tierod you'll see they are both parallel to each other....

Screenshot-20190111-155353-Gallery.jpg

Those were what I bought,... these were what came off my truck....

Notice the back of the tierod, the left side is parallel  but the right side is angled forward.....

Screenshot-20190111-155339-Gallery.jpg

I'm not sure how to tell left or right from just looking at 1, but it should be pretty obvious if you hold it up to the one on your truck..... 

• Like 1

Yeah I see it. They’re mirror images of each other.

So tonight I got the remainder of the parts. The left tie rod is an ACDelco brand, and low and behold looks just like the one I got in a Moog box, so now they match! And they are sure enough opposites of each other, so I have a L and R. The center rod came in a Moog box labeled DS846, but upon closer inspection is says “Three 5” and was made in Japan.

If it wasn’t a high of 20 here all weekend, I might try to tackle it, but the truck is up for the winter and I have plenty of time.

• Like 1

555 brand made Moog parts for Datsuns.

• Like 1

I don't think you are guaranteed any particular brand in Moog boxes these days...

• Like 2

I guess not. Both Amazon and Rock Auto have screwed me in the past though, so you never know.

• Like 1

Try eBay with pictures of actual item you will receive

• Like 1