521 Upper control arm bushings?

d.p

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry....They get a bit over extended for my taste, but guys have run them.  There's also longer tie rods available.  I was going to throw up a pic, but there's no easy way to do that.  I'll try to put up some info on my website in the morning.  I'm not 100% that the angles are what is needed, but we can look at that when I get some pics up.

If they aren't long enough how would they work?  Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Sorry.......I just automatically assume that making a longer connector is an option. lol  check the link to the web page I just put up....I don't remember, but I"m hoping there's some dimensions in the video.

I built my own tie rods on my roadster out of parts for a 510. You buy the threaded rod, and then the left and right threaded ball joints on the ends. If the threaded rod is too long, you can simply cut it back, then readjust as needed.

In my experience, it's the center link that's a lot harder to find. 

555 brand is a Japanese company that made after market parts for Japanese vehicles, great quality parts.  The 521 was originally SAE threads on the tie rods, the 620 tie rod same overall dimensions but has metric threads.

A little Googling would tell you all this if you look.

555 brand is a Japanese company that made after market parts for Japanese vehicles, great quality parts. The 521 was originally SAE threads on the tie rods, the 620 tie rod same overall dimensions but has metric threads.

A little Googling would tell you all this if you look.

I always forget that fact.... I hate how they list things with the same part number for different vehicles...

My guess is the one piece tie rods would be fine but the endlinks for the center rod would have to be specific for the 620 or the 521...

I looked at AutoZone and they show it as a different part number for the center tierods.... I've seen this with a few other items before... pain on the ass

• Like 1

So 620 tie rod will fit a 521 no problems? 

Partsgeek has left and right made by centric, but left hand out of stock.  

Was looking at this 555 set on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Side-Rods-RH-LH-Pair-for-Datsun-Truck-520-521-620-1965-1979/372197045689?hash=item56a8ac35b9:g:zU4AAOSwwNVTu2UF&vxp=mtr 

Shipped from Mexico for $40!

• Like 1

Hmm....not sure why they would have changed. All the kingpin trucks had the same frame width. The part number would change if it switched to metric threads. The factory parts manual would show what was superseded.

Seems like the only change is the centerlink ones becoming metric....

And remember we are not looking up factory parts... aftermarket replacements...

I got rear wheel cylinders that one was metric and the other sae... both same box and part numbers.... I also received a left tierod in a right side box.....

Not to mention the front inner wheel bearings being wrong for the 521s.....

Then sometimes you can find the parts go look a week later and you cant find it... Very inconsistent....

• Like 1

I always forget that fact.... I hate how they list things with the same part number for different vehicles...

My guess is the one piece tie rods would be fine but the endlinks for the center rod would have to be specific for the 620 or the 521...

I looked at AutoZone and they show it as a different part number for the center tierods.... I've seen this with a few other items before... pain on the ass

The left tie rod that is not a 1 piece (has removeable tie rod ends) will work but it might drag on the wheel as the knuckle is bigger.  Gene Knight had this problem on his 521.

This is the correct left Tie rod for a 521.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NCZ2695046

Correct right Tie Rod.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NCZ2695045

• Like 1