New Member and First Time Datsun Owner

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OP"

"as it stands Ratsun.net has not had the best time with photo posting so if you want photos to help with guiding me through my many newbie questions you can feel free to pm me for my email or phone number." 

Private photos only if you want to help guide him. Or he could... Nah never mind, that would be asking too much. 

I posted images on page one from imgbb which others had no trouble viewing so I don't know what to tell you. My tach is broken sounds like I should fix that first. I will post more image links of my carb as one of the lines running off it was plugged by a pencil by the previous owner. makes me feel like some set up parts may not be as they should. i will take pics of my pully as well in an attempt to identify said marks.

thanks again for all the helpful info mike!

whats tdc?

once again pics on page one post #19. 

except they are called links, on page 1 

I will accept that one. I'm new, this was my first posting, teach me how to import photos directly from imgbb and I shall.

My point to the others was that I did provide info they requested. obviously not the way ya'll wanted but hey! They exist!

I posted images on page one from imgbb which others had no trouble viewing so I don't know what to tell you. My tach is broken sounds like I should fix that first. I will post more image links of my carb as one of the lines running off it was plugged by a pencil by the previous owner. makes me feel like some set up parts may not be as they should. i will take pics of my pully as well in an attempt to identify said marks.

thanks again for all the helpful info mike!

whats tdc?

once again pics on page one post #19. 

Top Dead Center

Where piston 1 is at the top of the stroke, and the cam lobes are at the 10 and 2 position.

• Like 1

testing photos. 1st my truck. 2nd where timing is set and 2nd B is internal of electric ignition. (complete newbie so might be wrong/getting a timing light asap) 3rd is my carb. 4th is overall engine after purchase.

my manual was eaten by mice/rats

what I do have is a Chilton's tune up and repair manual.

open to hear a better hosting site but for now to make things somewhat functional here's links to imgbb.

https://ibb.co/grbiuv

https://ibb.co/cZO2nF https://ibb.co/hJFySF

https://ibb.co/hfNpZv weber 32/36

https://ibb.co/gtp6ga

Well, you could post the actual image rather than a link...

IMAG0381.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

kinda off topic but I have my truck lowered from purchase, I don't like it and want to get some height clearance instead. question 1. can I swap the blocks to on top of the axel as a lift to level out with the adjustable front? question 2. If so which end should I adjust first? will add pics to my imgbb of suspension shortly.

@datzenmike

Ooooh I must have an extra chromosome! I will try to do that with my suspension pics and my pully measurement teeth.

*lawl! it was just a copy paste. deeerrrrp.

If you have blocks, and just remove them, the truck ride height will go up the thickness of the blocks.

The front torsion bars can be adjusted to set the front ride height.

Keep in mind ANY front end height adjustment will mess with the toe in alignment.

posting images of front suspension and struts to figure out how far I can safely lift. (don't want a super lift but a truck that can actually go places like gravel/logging roads and the like.)

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

horridly newbie question. usually its straight forward but I cant see under my truck far cause its so low. can I see a pic of a 620 torsion bar location? googling it too but I trust a ratsun member more than the open web.

I understand such a thread probably already exists a link to said info works just as well.

Also when I'm done tuning and think its close to being perfect or think its good to go I want to share a video of how it sounds and where my marks are set etc. just because I like having confirmation of work from those with ample experience.

Thinking of investing in this, PerTronix electronic Ignition. seems way easier on the engine in the long run.

https://autoplicity.com/1668041-pertronix-module-kit-for-1741?gclid=CjwKCAjwoNrMBRB4EiwA_ODYv8vah2as34zJfynYvwI_PCPmyv7SC4omqvDeqn6Jr9DUlYWUirwVixoCil0QAvD_BwE

No, you can modify ur dual points to single points or get a single point. A lot of guys here also get the elec. Dizzy from later L series engines. What's wrong with he set-up?

Nothings wrong, was just wondering if I needed a married set. I will post more pics of my existing distributor. looks real fresh and clean. cant imagine it needs too much adjustment or anything. electronic ignition seems extremely more reliable. either that or drive around with an extra 3-4 sets of points and condensers in the glove box. 

The reason why I got pertronix was because I had a bitchen time adjusting dual points and a friend of mine sold me the idea of pertronix. If your dist. Is good still keep it that way till it takes a dump. If you don't know how to adjust points, read up on it and practice. And yes do keep sets in your glove box, you never know.

• Like 1