'79 Strip down

Stackedfish

On 8/24/2019 at 3:44 PM, Valvebounce said:

Wellside trays are indeed  rare as rockinghorse shit here in NZ.  I have one, but I'm going to have to drop a fair bit of coin to save it. 

Worth it tho aye. Do you have the embossed tailgate ? 
Tell you what tho, nothing like having a project to tinker with during this lock down. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

With the dash being re-assemble i thought it would be a good time to fit another stereo. I want to keep the interior looking period, so I bought this AM Sanyo FT4301 which I am planning on wiring up with a Bluetooth receiver to get some modern functionality. I have searched high and low for a wiring diagram but I cant find and resources on Sanyo radios with this wiring configuration. My knowledge of electronics is limited (no multi-meter either) so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

FGGtoFq.jpg

6zsP2TT.jpg 

DN6NZpW.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Took the heater core and the radiator in for testing yesterday. Heater core passed the pressure test with only 1 of very small crack found which will be braised up when the core is flushed to remove debris.  
As I expected, the main radiator is cooked. Needs a new hand made core to the tune of $625 NZD. I'm not keen for the cheap aluminum replacements. Buy once, cry one in my opinion. 
Interesting thing the technician mentioned about the radiator. He said its unusual to see a three core radiator on a 2.0L petrol engine, usually he only sees them on diesels. 

Those of you with factory L20Bs, do you have three core or two core radiators ?
The replacement will be a two core to save costs. Tech reckons it will provide ample cooling.

Anyways, hope your all going swimmingly and giving those dattos some love if your in lockdown.