Craigslist find!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That one looks nice for the price. The '73 has those HUGE rubber guards on the bumpers, and there is a big raised sign on the dash that says "FASTEN SEAT BELTS" if you're not buckled up. Thanks to the US Govt for keeping us safe...

Rare car! 310.

My first car was a 1981 310GX. It was red and for some reason I remember it looking a little more sporty than this one... but basically the same car.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/901355671.html $800

1161f213bZZZZZZZZZ8av8f65e8e1b8f7169c.jpg

Must Sell Before Dec 21 Going to Dutch Harbor.

Ha! Call him on Dec 13th and offer $200. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Another classic example of using someone else's pictures.

the ad has expired now so i can't show you exactly what happened but here is my story.

I see this blue 280ZX turbo listed for quite a while. I think it started out at $1500 and slowly went down in price every couple weeks. Once it reached $700 obo I took notice.

Listed as a 1981 280ZX turbo, blue and silver, automatic, t-tops. Was in excellent shape, daily driver, got lots of offers on the car. "I don't have any current pictures of it, but here is what it looked like 4 years ago when we parked it up at our property" - says the ad

She shows a picture like this, but this is not her exact pic

turboexample.jpg

the description fits the car perfectly. She even had an interrior shot showing the automatic.

So I get the address. She says she hasn't seen the car in a few years because it is parked on some undeveloped property. So I of course assume the paint is not good and it has some rust but it sounds promising for the price. At least its a turbo...

I drive for an hour to get out there and see this.

bluez1.jpg

bluez2.jpg

bluez5.jpg

Non-turbo, slick top, and a 5-speed. On top of that, both door locks are drilled out and missing. Non-turbo style wheels... not at all the same car pictured. The car has so much moisture inside that I can't see in through all the water collected on the inside of the glass. This is a $100 car at best.

So I email her when I get home and send her the pics. I also explain that the car is not what she advertised.

She says in her " I never said the car in the pics was my car, I said it is what my car looks like"

:blink:

I didn't reply... because I had nothing nice to say. :mad: if you post a picture of a car you are selling and say "this is what the car looks like" isnt' that saying that the car in the picture is your car?!?! WTF!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.